'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer tire wear one tire

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-08-21 2:31 PM
4 replies, 4072 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Tctgolden
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2016-08-21 10:02 AM (#168100)
Subject: Trailer tire wear one tire

I have a 2013 3horse aluminum bison gooseneck bought brand new I've notice the back left tire is wore on the outside of the tire pretty much bald other three tires perfect look new I only haul 2 horses an put them in 2nd sn 3rd stall leaving first stall open for storage what could doing this? Never noticed this until this summer an I'm pretty religious about checking things over only thing I did was have someone drop the tongue of the trailer down one hole I felt the trailer was to close to the truck bed rail an needed more clearance I does look pretty level now but it does tip up a bit could this be why my tire is wearing ? Or should I have axles checked ? Or possibly break? I have someone every spring check tire pressure grease bearings ect but have never had breaks actually looked at an I have had to run the break controller higher than normal this year any help is appreciated an thank you in advance
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2016-08-21 11:01 AM (#168103 - in reply to #168100)
Subject: RE: Trailer tire wear one tire

Expert

Did the wear pattern happen BEFORE you made the trailer nose higher or only after the change was made?  If it was before then you might be looking into axle or wheel problems.  If it was after then you know how to fix it, drop the nose back to the original setting.  Have you had your tires rotated?  Have you had your wheels balanced and aligned? 
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2016-08-21 11:53 AM (#168104 - in reply to #168100)

Made the change late last summer didn't notice wear until a couple weeks ago did nothing with tired as I bought it brand new an assumed tired would have been balanced an aligned from dealer when I ordered it I just rotated now that I noticed it I swapped the spare with the woren one I don't go very far max I ho is 100 miles from home couple times a year so the tires have less than 3000 miles on so I didn't think it was time to rotate yet
beeoerdog
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2016-08-21 1:39 PM (#168105 - in reply to #168104)

Extreme Veteran

Your brakes need periodic adjusting....preferably by someone who knows what they are doing.......same with grease/bearings....the seals also need replacing. Tire wear could be from improper inflation, bent spindle, loading....rotate and monitor.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2016-08-21 2:31 PM (#168106 - in reply to #168100)

Expert

Have the trailer's wheel alignment checked at a frame shop. Usually if one tire is consistantly wearing faster than the others, it could be an alignment problem; caused by a bent axle or spindle, or a worn, damaged or loose wheel bearing.. A too high trailering  angle will cause problems on tires of both sides. It is fairly easy to damage a spindle or bearing by hitting a pot hole or abstruction if off roading.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)