'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Newer shadow trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-01-27 8:52 AM
3 replies, 7194 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Briann03
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2017-01-18 7:49 AM (#169140)
Subject: Newer shadow trailers

New User

Hi everyone, I'm on the hunt for my first trailer. I found some shadow trailers online and they peeked my interest for the price. I saw reviews from a few years ago that were mixed on the quality. Wondering if anyone has a newer one that they would like to share the pros and cons?
I'm looking at a 2 horse bumper pull (undecided on straight or slant load)
I don't show a whole lot, but still want something that will hold up. We live in Wisconsin and though there aren't many winter shows there are the occasional clinics so we most likely will have sand/salt. Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2017-01-18 11:53 AM (#169141 - in reply to #169140)
Subject: RE: Newer shadow trailers

Expert

Price reflects quality.....

Steve-O
Reg. Mar 2016
Posted 2017-01-18 2:15 PM (#169142 - in reply to #169140)

Veteran

Price can affect quality but it also depends on what you expect.  Although I have no info on shadow trailers, there are some cheaper trailers that will get the job done.  One of my first trailers was a steel trailer made by Calico.  It was cheaper and didn't have anything fancy but still is one of my all time favorite trailers,  it was safe and would haul anything you could put in it. Don't let bells and whistles get in the way if that is not what is needed.  i need a light, not a chandelier in my trailers. 
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2017-01-27 8:52 AM (#169193 - in reply to #169140)

Expert

Price does reflect quality but maybe you aren't expecting a top end trailer at a bargin price...buying a good quality used trailer would be better if you can find the configuration you want.  With the salt/sand in your area don't be fooled into thinking the Aluminum trailers will not be affected.  All trailers have steel hitches and axle attachments.  The Aluminum trailer might look great until you crawl under it and realize it's rusting away within 10 years.  Knowing this you might find a nice steel trailer with a wood floor (during cleaning the water can run between boards thus rinsing the salt/sand off the underside) and maintain it really well for the best bang for your buck.  If you think I'm joking go to a trailer lot and crawl under a 10 year old Aluminum trailer and look at the axle attachment brackets.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)