'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
want to do what is right in a trade...

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-02-12 7:37 PM
27 replies, 9965 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DLD
Reg. Sep 2012
Posted 2017-02-05 8:25 PM (#169289 - in reply to #169152)
Subject: RE: want to do what is right in a trade...

It's not at all uncommon to find new tires at dealers that are actually three or four years old according to their actual build date, so I don't doubt that the tires were purchased new within the last year.  And technically yes, tires can and do degrade with time - but mostly from sunlight, moisture and extreme temperatures. However, tires that were of good quality to begin with and have been properly stored shouldn't be nearly as big a concern as tires that have been on a vehicle sitting on a lot somewhere, though those tires may look like new too.  Somebody definitely dropped the ball to let them sit around since 2011, though.  If you're scared of them you need to get different ones, but they'd be great for something like a farm trailer that doesn't see high speeds and long distances. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lea Anne
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2017-02-12 3:38 PM (#169336 - in reply to #169152)

Veteran

I called the owner again.  He is going to make it right.  He is going to meet me on the interstate which is about 30 min. from me and swap tires, wheels and all.  I guess he finally decided he didn't want to risk any bad advertising.   I know a lot of horse folks,and am in several trailriding groups on Facebook.   I feel so much better about my trailer now.  Can't wait for some good weather!
cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2017-02-12 7:37 PM (#169338 - in reply to #169152)

Elite Veteran

I am Happy for you that it worked out after all
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World