'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Titan XD Anyone?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-02-25 12:44 PM
1 replies, 4042 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

flypony74
Reg. Oct 2012
Posted 2017-02-15 11:53 AM (#169344)
Subject: Titan XD Anyone?

We have had a myriad of problems with our 2012 F-250, to the point where I'm afraid to haul with it. We have an aluminum 3H GN with a small LQ, 7k dry weight. I use it as a two horse, and fully loaded my absolute max weight is 10,500 (we don't load it down for horse camping because my husband doesn't ride, either use it to haul two horses to the vet or one horse to camp at shows).

We would like to downsize our trailer because we rarely use he LQ, but may not be able to do so immediately. I know that I would be within specs for towing with the Titan XD with regard to payload and tow capacity. Not as comfortably so as with the F-250, but still within.

We all know that published tow capacities of trucks and also how that plays out in real world experience. So, my question, is anyone hauling with the new Titan XD, and how it is working out for you? Is anyone hauling a small LQ?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2017-02-25 12:44 PM (#169401 - in reply to #169344)
Subject: RE: Titan XD Anyone?

Extreme Veteran

Someone posted the comparison between the TitIan and the other 2500 out there. The Tition does not really cut it. A ford 2500 and 1500 where the ones to look at. For 3500' it was RAM and Ford, if I remember correctly. I will see if I can find it.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)