'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Elite vs Cimarron

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-03-02 5:31 AM
6 replies, 7645 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

live2ride
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2017-02-25 12:05 PM (#169399)
Subject: Elite vs Cimarron

I have a 2013 Elite with a 11' 6" LQ that I love ... However, I want a slide.  I have zero complaints about Elite.  However, there is not a dealer anywhere near us.  There is, however, a Cimmaron dealer nearby.  While I don't think that Cimarron is quite as awesome as Elite, I think that it is close enough that we would likely be happy.  I know that trailers can be shipped from anywhere, but I like the idea of having the delaer nearby.  We initially had a lot of issues with our LQ build-out.  My handy husband ended up doing most of the fix-it work as it wasn't convenient to take it somewhere to be fixed.  When you pay that much for a trailer you don't expect to have to spend time fixing things and hubby would much rather not do that again (as there will always be at least a few problems / issues with a new trailer).  With a local dealer we could drop the trailer off and tell them to fix it.  So ... my question is this ... Cimmaron folks ... do you love your trailers?  Is there anyone out there who has had both an Elite and a Cimmaron?  Share you experiences please!!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2017-02-25 12:33 PM (#169400 - in reply to #169399)
Subject: RE: Elite vs Cimarron

Extreme Veteran

I have both Cimarron's and Elites. Very comparable. I think it just comes down to perference. 
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2017-02-25 3:38 PM (#169402 - in reply to #169399)

Expert

I had both of these brands on my top list for this last trailer.  I went with the Elite but I live local enough to drive it back to OKC if problems did arise, Cimmaron is even closer to me.  I would note that there was a problem trailer (Cimmaron) here awhile back that had structural problems with the gooseneck wall that attached to the floor box frame.  People went through hell and Cimmaron didn't seem to help much.  I don't know anyone personally that has had any problems with one but I see more Cimmaron stock trailers and Elite horse trailers. 
HorShe
Reg. Feb 2017
Posted 2017-02-27 3:37 AM (#169413 - in reply to #169399)

New here as well and looking for info about Cimarron before getting one. Needing a slide, too!

Edited by HorShe 2017-02-27 3:39 AM
live2ride
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2017-02-27 7:32 AM (#169415 - in reply to #169413)

I have a 2013 Elite and have looked hard at the Cimarron. I think that the Elite is a little better built - one main difference is that the aluminum sheets are riveted to the frame.  Cimarron (and 4-Star) use 3M tape to adhere the alum sheets.  My husband's comment to that was "there is a reason that the aircraft industry uses rivets".  The cam latches on the Elite are a bit nicer than the Cimarron.  The Cimmaron latches (not the doors lol) I have seen are a bit "loose" feeling when you close the back doors.  It may be that the hardware itself is a lighter weight.  Hard to explain - sorry - but a noticeable difference in "feel".  I believe that the Cimarron comes fully insulated as a standard feature.  That is an upgrade on the Elite.  The Cimarron saddle racks and brush box look really cheap and a bit light weight for the trailer.  I also did not like the camper door entry latch (not sure what you call it).  It is small, cheap and on the model that I looked at, hard to open.  The Elite has a nice, heavy duty entry, larger latch.  We curently have a 2013 Elite and have not had one, single issue with the trailer.  I wanted to compare again before I order.  This week I plan to order an Elite with a slide.  I am awaiting a comparison quote from another dealer to be sure that I am getting the best deal possible.  The Cimarron also came in about $5,000 more for an identically equipped trailer and build-out.  Had Cimarron been $5,000 or more less, we might would have considered it more seriously.  Interesting fact ... the MSRP on the Elite trailer (no build out included) is about $10,000 more than the Cimarron.  It would seem to me that the total price of the Cimarron should be less than the total price for the Elite.  
HorShe
Reg. Feb 2017
Posted 2017-02-28 12:31 AM (#169421 - in reply to #169399)

Looking forward what you end up and the cost for the set up you need.
cjjet
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2017-03-02 5:31 AM (#169438 - in reply to #169399)

I have a 2010 Cimarron but not a slide out.  I love it.  It is a very well built trailer.   
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)