'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
4Star Quiet Ride Systmem - worth the $700

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-04-17 2:04 PM
4 replies, 6091 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Tallulah
Reg. Mar 2017
Posted 2017-03-22 11:04 AM (#169615)
Subject: 4Star Quiet Ride Systmem - worth the $700

New User

I am ordering a new trailer, their 2+1 Runabout model, and wondered if this feature is a worth while investment? You can view the information and youtube videos about it here: http://www.4startrailers.com/4-star-in-the-news/m.blog/49/4-star-tr...

The video I watched on youtube showed a trailer without this feature being towed over what appears to be a dirt road. The contrast segment of the video with quiet ride installed appears to be over a well paved road. I would have been more persuaded had they towed the trailer over the same road, preferably a dirt one like the first segment. Hence my question.

Would love to hear back if anyone has actually ridden in a trailer with this feature installed and what you thought about it.

Thanks for any feedback.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HOUSE
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2017-03-23 1:28 PM (#169616 - in reply to #169615)
Subject: RE: 4Star Quiet Ride Systmem - worth the $700

Veteran

it looks like the main features are a WERM floor and hd plastic wear pads, the prices seems right, i am not familiar with werm but people here seem to like it and that sounds pretty reasonable for 700 the other portion, the HDPE pads are a great idea, however they do wear out and are not always put on intelligently.
frenchboy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2017-03-24 4:10 PM (#169622 - in reply to #169615)

Response to the allegation that the quiet ride video was shot going down two different roads. I was not only there but was also in the trailers and in charge of the entire Quiet Ride project and I can assure you the trailers were on the very same stretch of road and carefull attention was paid to speed of travel as well as route taken. It should by now be well known by the industry and horse owners and transporters that 4STAR has no need to participate in scams of any kind. We stand for quality and above all integrity.
symmetry188
Reg. Feb 2017
Posted 2017-04-09 4:53 AM (#169731 - in reply to #169615)

New User

4 Star are the best! When my husband and I made a trip from Ontario Canada to Oklahoma City with our 4 Star with LQ's, we took it into the 4 Star head location in OKC. Some of the welds underneath had broken and needed repair. The guys treated us so great and rushed us ahead of everyone else as we needed the trailer back within a day since we were staying in it. They didn't charge us a crazy price to fix it and we were out within a few hours. 4 Star's are the best trailers out there in my opinion. Yes they are more costly than some but you get what you pay for.
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2017-04-17 2:04 PM (#169774 - in reply to #169615)

Expert

Love my WERM floor!  I skipped the 2+1 route and went with two 8' boxes and the side ramp out the first stall with stock slat sides. I do haul show cattle in mine as the primary purpose.  Down here in the south you just can't have too much air flow.  My advice would be to get as many fold down doors as possible.  I'm here in OK and bought a custom made Elite over the Hart and 4Star.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)