'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
"Glick" brand trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-10-31 11:17 AM
4 replies, 6223 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

freeindeed
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-01-02 3:39 PM (#73639)
Subject: "Glick" brand trailers?

Anyone familiar with this brand (Glick)? I am looking at an older used model as a possible trailer for my daughter's 4H horse. Any info. appreciated!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2008-01-02 4:38 PM (#73650 - in reply to #73639)
Subject: RE: "Glick" brand trailers?

Extreme Veteran

Glick Trailers were built right here in Lancaster County, PA. The company is still in business, although no longer building horse trailers. They do still service the trailers they built. Their trailers were extremely wel built. You won't find nicer people who do great work. They just installed a boot box in my Elite trailer that they fabricated for me. You couldn't destroy it with a tank!

Glick's Trailers, Leola, PA- 717-656-9195- Ask to speak to Randy Glick

reinergirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-01-03 2:15 PM (#73701 - in reply to #73639)

Regular

The very first "new" trailer my family purchased was a Glick Trailer. My Dad hit it off with "old man Glick", as he called him, and we had several of their trailers over the years.

They were built tough and I drug that first one around for many years & miles. If it's in good shape, you can't go wrong.

freeindeed
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-01-03 8:19 PM (#73714 - in reply to #73639)

Thanks for the info. guys-I figured I could count on fellow HTW viewers to help me out on this one! We are going to check out the trailer this weekend (have only seen pictures so far)and hopefully it will work out for what we need for now. Lancaster, PA, is one of my favorite weekend getaway spots and I have always been impressed by the craftsmanship represented there. (Not to mention the food....) Anyway, thanks again, I am glad to hear Glick trailers are not some "off" brand known for falling apart at the seams!
MaryLouGicker
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2016-10-31 11:17 AM (#168796 - in reply to #73714)

Just saw this post and curious if (1)you see it after all these years and (2)did you buy the Glick. I still have mine and it is 41 years young. It has served me well and owes me nothing. Mr. Glick worked with me and the design I submitted to him. Had me visit a couple times while building it to make suggestions, etc. very nice man and very professional. He makes a sturdy trailer that does not fall apart like so many others. The trailer has been serviced regularly, repainted a few times, had some body work and new floors. This year the roof will probably need replacing. As long as you take care of your Glick trailer it will take care of you for a long time!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)