'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Pinecrest Trails on Current Rvr in Mo,,,

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-04-04 6:23 PM
14 replies, 10307 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-09-16 8:39 AM (#91560)
Subject: Pinecrest Trails on Current Rvr in Mo,,,

Elite Veteran

Have any of you heard of, or ridden at Pinecrest Trails in Missouri?? I just found them on the trailnet and spoke to the owner. They are on the same trails of Whispering Pines and Big Creek and have 50 hookup sites and covered stalls, a Pavillion, two bath houses, and some have sewer too. Elect/water are $15.00 per night, and stalls are $4.00 per night...I will go up next weekend and see how it is.I would like to see any comments if you've been there...
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2008-09-16 11:28 AM (#91575 - in reply to #91560)
Subject: RE: Pinecrest Trails on Current Rvr in Mo,,,

Extreme Veteran

Please let us know how your trip goes and what you think of it.  I can't believe the prices, what a bargain, especially the stalls. 

Happy Trails!

JacciB 

classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-09-17 4:10 AM (#91627 - in reply to #91560)

Veteran

We always stay at Whispering Pines, but have rode over to Pinecrest. Seems to be a nice campground. A few weeks ago they had band on Saturday night. We have run into several riders on the trails that camp there and they are very pleased with the campground.
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-09-22 8:49 AM (#91863 - in reply to #91560)

Elite Veteran

We took a drive yesterday afternoon in our little HHR to save gas and check Pinecrest Trails out... it was far below our standards and poorly laid out. They do have a pretty nice pavillion (filled with wagons and hay). We then went over to Whispering Pines near Big Creek on the Current River. They have barns that need to be torn down and still have electricity on the trees! The man was, however, working on the shower house. They have a fairly well equipped office and an ice machine. Nice people, just need to pour some money into the "bones" of the place. It is in a pretty area. Yikes, just wish some of these folks would put some of the money back in the business. I know I sound like a Butt.
JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2008-09-22 11:52 AM (#91877 - in reply to #91560)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the update.  I wonder if they are new owners?   I don't think you sound like a butt.  We had stopped going to East Fork in Jamestown, TN when they raised their prices so much.  Stalls went up to $15 a night which is more than we pay anywhere.  Well, we bit the bullet and went for Labor Day and we sure are glad we did.  Although they rasied their prices they put the money back into the facility.  I won't get into details here cause I don't want to get off topic.  Thanks again for sharing the info.

JacciB

classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-09-22 7:53 PM (#91929 - in reply to #91560)

Veteran

I know the stalls do need work but they are doable. We have been staying at Whispering Pines for over four years. We just feel so lucky to have such a place to camp where we can river ride. With no primitive camping allowed anywhere down there with horses, Whispering Pines is a good place for us to meet friends. Casey the owner, works full time along with being in the national guard, which he is now activated so his time is very limited and I am sure that they are not making that much money right now due to the economy.
j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2008-09-23 4:28 PM (#91989 - in reply to #91560)

Veteran

We often go to Whispering Pines. The campground might be called bare bones but I go for the riding. I don't need all the fancy stuff that causes a camp to be expensive. If you want that then you hafta pay. I much prefer the small places without a ton of amenities, which I won't be using anyway. Generally, you get the serious riders around then instead of the party types.
j&j

Edited by j&j 2008-09-23 4:29 PM
pinecrest campground
Reg. Sep 2014
Posted 2015-01-10 2:01 PM (#162260 - in reply to #91560)

New User

Pinecrest Trails on Current Rvr in MoNow Called Pinecrest Campground and Cabins, Under new ownership as of July 2014, Many new updates to the campground, Great trails to ride on along the Current River. Check us out. www.pinecrestcampground.comPinecrest Campground And Cabins5466 Hwy YYSalem, mo 65560(573)548-3322
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2015-01-12 5:12 PM (#162274 - in reply to #91560)

Elite Veteran

I went to Pinecrest Trails in October, and I enjoyed my time there. Had a nice shady camp site with elec/water. Horses were in new corrals. No shade for them but they said that it was in the plan and it wasn't hot. Trails were nice. Camp host went out of their way to please campers. They have done a lot to it and are trying to improve it. I will go back. You can ride to Big Creek campgrounds from there. Big Creek is nice also but no shade at all.
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2015-02-04 11:59 AM (#162462 - in reply to #91560)

Extreme Veteran

My intent is certainly not to step on any toes, but I agree with JJ. I go for the trails, and anyplace I can plug in the rig, and specially nice if I have a pen or stall, is fine by me. Also I know many camps are hurting financially due to the economy the last few years. Some have even closed down. As an owner of a large piece of land where we have leases for hunting (to pay taxes) I know what it takes to make those improvements and put in those amenities. One of the most expensive items is running electricity for hook ups. We put in camper hooks a few years ago, and that and the sewer was expensive. It also takes tons of work and upkeep, and we both work full time outside the place. These places, even with what some consider charging high prices, just do not make that much money with the high overhead. And remember most riding is seasonal, or at least has an off season. Even if the initial investment is paid for, you have maintenance costs, taxes, liability insurance etc. You know, riding groups could get together and ask some of these private camps if they would host a clean up day and go help them out.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2015-02-12 6:23 PM (#162549 - in reply to #162462)

Expert

Big creek trail rides at hartshorn ( not far from Pinecrest/Whispering Pines) is an example,family owned and I believe they host a cleanup day for local regulars at the camp.
TrailriderMO
Reg. Mar 2015
Posted 2015-03-31 8:54 AM (#163060 - in reply to #91560)

New User

Love love Big Creek they have open camping stalls are very nice and covered and safe very reasonable priced . Without trees you can park in any way area you please.Pinecrest has a lot trees your parking situation very limited and hate hate my horses in old barn stalls not anywhere close to most camp sites. They are in need to serious work not what we consider safe and run down so if people down take time clean and keep up stalls just run down to everyone else's. Was no lights in stall barn area and two hydrates . The prices they want should reflect nicer stalls and other stalls are not covered and in full sun. Trails that runaround paved highway not in woods not trail riding JMHO
pinecrest campground
Reg. Sep 2014
Posted 2015-04-01 4:35 AM (#163063 - in reply to #163060)

New User

If you post something about a place you should Know the facts! We have purchased Pinecrest and completely rebuilt it! New pipe stalls, Hydrants at every site and barn, New shower house, new store, and lights in the barns. Thank you! www.pinecrestcampground
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2015-04-04 7:15 AM (#163080 - in reply to #91560)

Elite Veteran

I just came back from my 2nd trip to Pine Crest. They have made many updates to the camp ground. I didn't see anywhere that trees were a problem for parking. They have pull through sites. They go out of their way to accommodate your stay. They have put in new water to all sites. Remodeled the camp store and offer any assistance you need. We had one in our group that needed propane and they went out of their way to go get her tank refilled. They will park your trailer if you don't feel comfortable backing it in. They haven't had the place a year yet and have busted their butts to improve it. They also stop by sites to make sure there isn't anything you need and are very personable. They also listen to suggestions on things a camper would like. Give them credit they are trying to make it a great campground.
mulerider01
Reg. Aug 2012
Posted 2015-04-04 6:23 PM (#163081 - in reply to #91560)

Regular

People that think there is so much money to spend on these horse camps should build one,it's a way of life ,if it was the money better off to get a real job.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)