'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Renegade Hoof Boots

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-01-26 5:48 PM
5 replies, 4176 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-01-25 8:40 PM (#98226)
Subject: Renegade Hoof Boots

Elite Veteran

Anyone like the Renegade Hoof Boots? My mare has outgrown her Gen 2 Old Macs. The Renegades look easy to put on, but are they as durable? I only use boots in the winter when I occasionally get to ride on a nice day or when a shoe is lost on the trail (which has never happened yet). It is better to be safe than sorry and have a "spare tire" on a trail ride when no farrier is available.

Thanks,

Tammy

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-01-25 9:20 PM (#98230 - in reply to #98226)
Subject: RE: Renegade Hoof Boots

Expert

The demos that my friend got of the new Easy Boot Gloves are realy impressive.  they should be available in February and if you can wait, I'd seriously consider them.
cowgirl98034
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2009-01-26 12:39 AM (#98235 - in reply to #98226)

Extreme Veteran

Renegades are barefoot horses only... can't be used over shoes.  I ride endurance and lots of folks barefoot riders use Renegades for rocky rides.  They are so cool looking in all their available colors and seem to be great.  I have not heard of a rider losing their Renegade boot yet!  I on the other hand, have lost an easy boot a time or two :(   I use them for rocky rides over shoes.
tom-tom
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-01-26 7:05 AM (#98238 - in reply to #98226)

Extreme Veteran

We purchased a pair of Renegades this past spring for my 9 yr old daughter's gelding.  He had always had good feet, but we would put shoes on for long camping rides where we knew it would be rocky.  Once we tried the Renegades we had not done shoes with him since.  He rides all day in them and has yet to lose one on the trail.  Unlike the Easy Boots the water drains out the back of the shoe and you don't have to stop and dump them out.  No rubbing or chaffing. I think they stay on better and are so much easier to adjust and put on and take off.  It saves us lots of $$$$ not paying for shoes.  I would recommend them, but as someone else stated they are meant for barefoot horses. 
apricotbend
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-01-26 1:37 PM (#98261 - in reply to #98226)

Regular

My friend has Renegade boots. The only problem I've seen is with the velcro closures. Everything was fine riding down the trail but when she tried to ride off the trail the velcro was stripped open by brush and the boots fell off. She reclosed them but the same thing kept happening. She was told to use duct tape around the closures next time.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-01-26 5:48 PM (#98282 - in reply to #98226)

Expert

The new Easy Boot Gloves are also designed for the barefoot horse.  They come in half sizes and have a very tight tolerances as to their snug fit.  So they will not fit both a shod and/or a barefoot horse.  And you will need to keep your horse pretty close to the trim they had when you fit the boot to their hoof.  They are very very easy to put on and take off.  We walked, trotted, cantered and flat ran with them and they did not come off.

Like the above poster, my problem with boots comes when I'm off the beaten path. I just have not found a boot that will stay on when we bushwack in the mountains.  I have put several wraps of Duct tape ( and I have tried the Groilla Tape) around my boots and we still tear them off after a few miles.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)