'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
STOLEN TACK !! MN

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-02-15 11:14 PM
12 replies, 13061 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2009-12-15 1:23 PM (#114286)
Subject: STOLEN TACK !! MN

Elite Veteran

CONTACT OWNER DIRECTLY....NOT ME!

Hi All,
I am asking for your help...
Hannah Koch, who rode in the Highview leagues over the weekend, had her barn in Litchfield MN broken into Saturday night and the thieves took every stitch of tack they could lay there hands on, even brushes! Below is a list of the stuff taken so if any of you, on your travels, happen to come across any of it on Craigs List, ebay etc. please let her know at:
kochx215@umn.edu
Some of the tack is fairly distinctive like the pink barrel saddle. Please also can you distribute this list onto others - the more people who are looking out for Hannah's familys stuff, the less chance the pond scum will get to pass it on.
Much appreciated...
Emma

Stuff Stolen

SADDLES
15" pink cowboy collection barrel saddle - pink alligator seat with rhinestones
17" Dale Chavez medium oil reining saddle - dark oil saddle with red seat. GORGEOUS SADDLE
15" Barrel saddle, light oil
15" medium oil trail saddle, fully tooled
16" Billy Cook Barrel saddle, blue seat/horn
15" Billy Cook Barrel saddle, medium oil, green seat
16" Light oil barrel saddle, black seat
13" light oil barrel saddle, black seat - will have pink aluminum stirrups on it if found
13" Medium oil rope saddle
17" dark oil english all purpose saddle
17" dark oil dressage (english) saddle

BRIDLES
Light oil show headstall
leather split reins
5" curb bit, low port and 5" shanks
Light oil headstall with conchos
Show type 5" snaffle
Pink Show Headstall
Split leather reins
Training forks

PADS
ESP pink/turqouise Classic Equine contour pad
1" wool grey pad with maroon wear leathers
3/4" wool grey pad with light oil wear leathers
1" black felt pad
3 "trail" saddle pads (Reinsman type)
correcTOR saddle pad

EXPENSIVE STIRRUPS
Pink aluminum stirrups
Pair of etched aluminum stirrups
Plain aluminum stirrups

GIRTHS
36" neoprene black girth
2 - 32" neoprene black girths
3 - 30" black neoprene girths
1 - 28" black neoprene prof. choice girth
1 - 34" black neoprene girth
1 - 30" lime green neoprene girth
4 complete light oil back cinch sets

BREASTCOLLARS
Showman breast collar with pink star conchos
Lime green leather overlay breastcollar
1 roper breast
light oil breast colar
1 - basketweave tooled Billy Cook breast collar
1 - dark oil Circle Y breast collar
1 - medium oil floral tooled breast collar

MISC
52" hot pink winter foal blanket
2 inslulated saddle carriers
Size 14 hunt coat
Size 30 english breeches
Size L english sleeveless shirt
3 western show shirts
Brand new size L professional choice bell boots - Black
8 leather crosses that were on saddles
84" plaid blanket
spur straps/spurs
56" navy colt blanket
blue Oster brush set
8 brand new flysheets still in bags
Combo boots
Helmet
english show helmet
size M pink bell boots
Davis red size L bell boots
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
debi
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2009-12-16 7:52 AM (#114314 - in reply to #114286)
Subject: RE: STOLEN TACK !! MN

I was so sorry to hear about Hannah's tack being stolen. Normally I would not have seen your ad below but I have Google alerts set for stolen tack and your listing popped up this morning. We would be glad to assist your friends in getting information out to the public as we do work with stolen tack as well as missing/stolen horses and trailers.

We do not wait for someone to find our ads posted on our site. We take an offensive approach and send them out to be seen. We send out IDAHO Alerts, named after our stolen horse, through our newsletter and emails contact list to thousands who send them on to their friends and contacts.

Check us out in an article on pages 31 and 32 of the December issue of WESTERN HORSEMAN MAGAZINE as a current reference.

Please have Hannah Koch file a report with Stolen Horse International through our website at www.netposse.com. Once on the site click on FILE REPORT, STOLEN TACK and then follow instructions. She may send pictures to this address as well as the ones listed on the site.

SHI services may include, but are not limited to (depending on the type of listing): long distance calls to contact law enforcement or follow up on leads; the creation, printing and distribution of flyers; indefinite hosting of victims information on its website (www.netposse.com); or continuous updates to flyers and/or website information.

MORE REFERENCES: Because of our work with the US Marshals office and The Center for Missing and Exploited Children, America's Most Wanted did a segment about our organization and one of our cases. PBS radio did a special segment and a cover story for the Paint Horse Journal told about the work at NetPosse.com.

She may want to purchase a sign to put on the fence by the road and the barn stating that your horses and equipment have permanent identification, even if they don't . Law enforcement officers recommend a sign as your #1 theft deterrent. Often the thieves will return once you have had time to replace your stolen merchandise.

Again, I am sorry that your friend's equipment was stolen. I look forward to your reply.

Debi Metcalfe
Stolen Horse International, Inc
NetPosse.com
www.netposse.com

Edited by debi 2009-12-16 7:55 AM
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2009-12-16 9:19 AM (#114321 - in reply to #114314)

Elite Veteran

Hi Debi,

I hope Hannah contacted you! I did forward your web site addy to her.

Raven
debi
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2009-12-16 9:21 AM (#114322 - in reply to #114321)

Thanks Raven. So far, nothing. I hope she does. I guess many people do not realize the amount of work we do for them here. :-(((

Debi

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-12-16 11:28 AM (#114327 - in reply to #114286)

Expert

good grief... there is no way I could account for all the tack I have in the barn and trailer. Bigger stuff yes but not the smaller things. Good luck getting it back.....
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2009-12-16 12:16 PM (#114329 - in reply to #114327)

Elite Veteran

Me...I pretty much know every item I have.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-12-17 11:14 AM (#114349 - in reply to #114286)

Elite Veteran

sounds like an e-bay/craigslist/traveling tack sale run to me...
cowgirldi
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-12-17 7:04 PM (#114361 - in reply to #114286)

OMG! I feel for Hannah! I know times are tough,and bet whoever did this has to know the value of tack. Probably someone out to make a quick buck. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled in Northwest Iowa. At least she had a inventory list. Guess we all should take inventory of all our tack and
and write it down. We do carry farm/homeowners insurance on our tack and horses, but some of our stuff has been handed down from grandparents, can't replace that.Right now, I have some idea how much tack and equipment I have in our tack shed, but not everything. Gonna make that list tomorrow!!. More locks on the door too, but if they broke into her barn, a lock won't stop them. Maybe I'll borrow the neighbor's Rotweiller and give him a new home in the tackroom!! Take care, and watch yourselves!
NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-12-17 9:28 PM (#114363 - in reply to #114361)

Regular

Another thing all of can do is to take pictures of the items. I knew someone who lost everything they owned in a house fire. To settle with insurance they had to list everything in each room. Do you know how many jeans you own? Shirts? Remember how many CD's you have? Her insurance person told her to take a video inventory of everything they own in each room and put that into a safe. I'm sure taking pictures of your tack would help prove ownership also include with that a written item description.Speaking of Ebay the actress Julie Newmar who played cat woman had jewelry stolen and she found them on up for sale on ebay. So there is hope in recovery.
goldenoaksequine
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-02-14 12:17 PM (#116564 - in reply to #114286)

New User

Hey guys,

This is Hannah. Figure I would drop a happy update. Yesterday Feb 13, 2010 exactly two months from when our tack was stolen investigators followed up on a lead that I had found my saddle from a link that was sent to me hoping it was my saddle...IT WAS! Police arrested a woman that was suspected for theft of over $300,000 in this area in tack. They recovered my Chavez and my pink Jeff Smith Cowboy Collection barrel saddle. After further identifying one of my pads with MY NAME on it they proceded to take everything that she had from her. She is in jail and expected to go to prison as she was on probation and our theft alone was over $23,000.

I am not sure if I will get my things back but I am hopeful that I will in due time, in the meantime I know where they are and I know someone will be punished for what she has done to upset my whole family. Having someone break the padlock off your barn and open your locked tack room with a pry bar is a horrible feeling that I would wish upon no one. The kicker? We were out at the barn trying to load up to head to league at Big Muddy and then taking the sisters over to KCB Equine for pattern work...having nothing is a horrible feeling.

Insurance has settled with us so things turned out alright on that end but knowing that the woman was caught makes a huge difference to me.

OH...if you want to see in the insane gal herself just visit her blog at livingbeyondthedream.blogspot.com

Thanks for everyones help in spreading the word!

The Koch family
NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2010-02-14 2:09 PM (#116573 - in reply to #116564)

Regular

Glad you at least caught the thief, with insurance settling will you get your stuff back and have to return the settlement? Or will insurance take ownership of tack and auction it off like they do with recovered autos?
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2010-02-15 1:35 PM (#116606 - in reply to #114286)

Expert

Did this woman know y'all and then do this?  So glad you have some of your items back, and VERY GLAD someone is caught and going to do time........nothing in her blog about THAT!
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2010-02-15 11:14 PM (#116639 - in reply to #114286)

Expert

wow that is great news I hope that the woman get hers  in prison
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'