'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Title Insurance?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-21 3:53 PM
2 replies, 2693 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SunChick
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2011-03-21 12:04 PM (#131926)
Subject: Title Insurance?

I there such thing of title insurance on a Horse Trailer?

Long story short, the title did not match the trailer & seller has applied and recieved a new one from the state of TX. 

I'm just wanting to cover all bases, since I am spending 60,000.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dallyup
Reg. Mar 2011
Posted 2011-03-21 1:34 PM (#131929 - in reply to #131926)
Subject: RE: Title Insurance?

Not sure about title insurance.

But just to tell on myself alittle. I drove over 700 miles to pick up a trailer. had check in hand, they met me part way with no title.. I took the trailer anyway, had bill of sale, with all info, even bank name ect on it. long story short, that was last August, just got title today, or rather my attorney that I had to hire just got it today. So be careful with any title issues! and don't take anyone's word, they will tell you darn near anything to get the money.... My situation did work out, but that is not always the case...just saying..

Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2011-03-21 3:53 PM (#131931 - in reply to #131926)
Subject: RE: Title Insurance?

Extreme Veteran

Not to my knowledge. If the new title VIN#, Model, Yr, etc. all match the trailer #s, you should, IMO, be good to go. I believe that the the state would of checked for filed liens before they would of issued a corrected/replaced title. I would advise to get a bill of sale with a statement on it that there is no liens on the trailer, that they are the legal owner(s)and have them sign it. Also, make sure they sign the Bill of Sale and the title exactly how the title reads..if you still have concerns, ask for a picture id. If you really don't trust them, walk---there seems to be a lot of trailers out there...You could also go thru a dealer to be 100% sure--could cost a few $100, but might be worth it...

Edited by Spin Doctor 2011-03-21 3:55 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)