'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bee Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-07-28 2:07 PM
12 replies, 23126 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cgc.baldhead
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2012-04-05 8:49 AM (#142813)
Subject: Bee Trailers

I am glad I found this forum.  I need to vent about Bee Trailers and get some opinions.

I bought a new 2006 Bee two-horse super walk thru in 2006.  First problem, under warranty, was a leaking side bus window.  Sent me to Sanford, NC (I live near Lexington, NC) for repair.  The window has leaked all this time, unbeknowst to me, and the wood under the side padding has rotted!  But that is not my major problem, after a couple of years, out of warranty, the paint on interior and exterior started popping off.  I am not talking about paint from wear.  I called company and the only thing they would do was for me to bring to factory in S. W. Georgia!  It is my fault for not checking but I thought Climax, GA was near Athens, GA, never anticipating I would have to go to factory for repair.  I drove 8 hours one way and spent more than $300 on fuel round trip.  I had asked for and expected that they would sand, prime, and paint my whole trailer as paint was popping off in numerous places.  They told me to bring it down and they would fix it.  Well, what they did was fix the places where paint popped off and told me that it wouldn't do anymore of that since the paint was so old (about 5 years old?)  That is all they did and I drove that far and spent that much money for a spot paint job!  I could have had the trailer repainted at home with money I spent for fuel, never mind the great distance I had to drive.  Guess what?  The paint is popping off!  Would I recomment buying a Bee Trailer? No! No! No!  BTW, I checked the paint on a couple of friend's trailers, one about 10 years old and sat outside all the time and no problem with the paint.

Misterious things happen, like the center divider that suddenly would not move.  Had to use a sledge hammer to get it to move.  The factory cut off the bottom of the leg about 1".  Now a side bus window is very difficult to close.  I have to push hard on the metal frame to get it closed.

The paint on mine can be scratched off with a fingernail in places.  Trying to repair the paint on the hitch yesterday I discovered that the sticker on the toungue telling weight of trailer, load weight, ball size, etc. had been painted over!  Could this mean that my NEW trailer was used?

Everytime I use that trailer I start steaming about what a rotten product it is.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-04-05 9:01 AM (#142814 - in reply to #142813)
Subject: RE: Bee Trailers

Expert

http://www.beetrailers.com/galvannealed-sheets.html
beetrailers
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2012-04-07 12:25 AM (#142868 - in reply to #142813)

New User

As usual, there are two sides to every story.  I remember your trailer very well.  At no time were you ever told that your trailer would be completely repainted.  I agree that you had a few problems that are not indicative of our product and we addressed these at no charge to you even though your trailer was out of warranty.  However, some of the things you claimed were a problem, were a result of neglect or from your horse biting or pawing the trailer.  While we work very hard to make all of our customers happy, we were unable to meet your unreasonable demands.

As far as the hitch is concerned, there is a cover over the hitch information that was obviously not removed after painting.  This sticker shows the weight rating of the hitch, not the weight of the trailer itself.  Speaking on behalf of the dealer, I can assure you that the trailer was not used.

It is a shame that you use this forum to bash our product even though we offered to fix your trailer that was out of warranty. (I wish Ford would warranty my 6 year old truck)  As always, I am available M-F 8am to 5 pm to discuss any reasonable issue with your trailer.

Kevin Harrell, Owner

800-266-2052   

cgc.baldhead
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2012-04-10 3:39 AM (#142950 - in reply to #142813)

My issue is with paint that is popping off, not from horses scratching paint off.   I have checked numerous trailers and none of them have this problem, or the crackling of paint.  With the many areas of paint popping off advise from others was that it should be totally repainted as it was continuing to pop.  Yes,my trailer was out of warrenty and I questioned quality of workmanship.  As I said, it continues to pop off.  You never said in so many words that you would repaint the entire trailer.  However, in our discussion I was lead to believe my problems will be taken care of.  I believe you were aware of the distance I had to drive, and maybe thought of the expense of driving that far.  It would have been so much easier to have it repainted  in my area.  I sent you numerous photos of the problem areas.  This is my first trailer and was so disappointed in the product, not just the paint, but the center divider mysteriously being stuck, and the window that is now difficult to close, and the still leaking window that rotted the side padding wood.

As I mentioned, a friend's trailer, 10 years old, sitting outside all the time, and used way more than mine has absolutely no problem with popping paint and I checked it over very closely.  Others have commented on the paint problem.  This is just the way it is.

The question was asked did anyone know anything about Bee Tralers.  I did.  My experience has been frustrating. 

I wish I were able to brag about my trailer.

beetrailers
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2012-04-10 11:01 AM (#142965 - in reply to #142813)

New User

It has been over a year since we repaired your trailer and I have not heard one word from you.  I assumed that we had corrected your issue in a satisfactory manner.  You have my 800 number.  It's free!!  We have an excellent record of customer service and usually try to go above and beyond what we have to do in order to make the customer happy.  This was shown when we repaired your trailer even though it was way over the warranty period.  If you had called me with your concerns, we could have possibly still done something to help you.  Instead, you are more interested in getting on here and slinging mud. 

We are not perfect, but we do strive to always try to do the right thing.   It is unfortunate that we were not given the opportunity to do so in this matter.

Kevin Harrell, Owner

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2012-04-10 12:26 PM (#142970 - in reply to #142813)

I have to weigh in here.  I've known Kevin and his family for over 20 years.  I've done business with them for over 10 years.  I have never seen them mistreat a customer in any way, and have seen them go above and beyond many times.  If he can't make a customer happy, no one can, nor should.  DON SMITH OWNER DIXIE HORSE AND MULE CO.
Halfhalt
Reg. Sep 2013
Posted 2013-09-10 3:57 AM (#154646 - in reply to #142813)

New User

Sounds like the company should have repainted your trailer when you brought it all the way to their company.  As for calling them again, I think we can see why you did not call them again. 

After reading the responses of the maker(Mr Harrell) and of a peddler(Mr Smith) of the Bee trailers, I would not buy a Bee trailer.  I don't care if they are good or not.  I do not do business with people like that if I can help it. 

Please don't respond to me, Mr Harrell and Mr Smith.   It's enough.

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2013-09-10 8:33 AM (#154648 - in reply to #154646)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by Halfhalt on 2013-09-10 3:57 AM

Sounds like the company should have repainted your trailer when you brought it all the way to their company.  As for calling them again, I think we can see why you did not call them again. 

After reading the responses of the maker(Mr Harrell) and of a peddler(Mr Smith) of the Bee trailers, I would not buy a Bee trailer.  I don't care if they are good or not.  I do not do business with people like that if I can help it. 

Please don't respond to me, Mr Harrell and Mr Smith.   It's enough.

But you are going to dig up a thread a year and a half old, preach on it, dismiss one of the most respected members of this forum in Don Smith, then ask everyone to be quiet. Come on now!
goz63
Reg. Dec 2011
Posted 2013-09-10 6:03 PM (#154662 - in reply to #142813)

Veteran

Was not sure why this was dug up either. Isn't there a better thread to comment on?
Halfhalt
Reg. Sep 2013
Posted 2013-09-15 2:28 PM (#154766 - in reply to #142813)

New User

Sorry for getting you worked up.  I was googling "Bee Trailers" last week, considering a Bee Trailer for myself, and the responses by the company owner to the OP were enough to make me not want to have one. That's all.  

I'm not here to argue about it.  I am just another consumer, sympathetic to the OP.  

The thread is just from last year--not old. It still comes up on a google search right at the top.

If someone has a problem with a manufacturer, the place to go probably is not this forum, but instead the state attorney general's office (under consumer protection), Ripoffreport.com, and the BBB to register complaints.  You can file an online complaint with all of those websites and the attorney general follows up. 

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2013-09-15 9:30 PM (#154774 - in reply to #154766)

Expert

Originally written by Halfhalt on 2013-09-15 2:28 PM

Sorry for getting you worked up.  I was googling "Bee Trailers" last week, considering a Bee Trailer for myself, and the responses by the company owner to the OP were enough to make me not want to have one. That's all.  

I'm not here to argue about it.  I am just another consumer, sympathetic to the OP.  

The thread is just from last year--not old. It still comes up on a google search right at the top.

If someone has a problem with a manufacturer, the place to go probably is not this forum, but instead the state attorney general's office (under consumer protection), Ripoffreport.com, and the BBB to register complaints.  You can file an online complaint with all of those websites and the attorney general follows up. 

If you are not going to argue why are you stirring up a relatively OLD thread...the OP was only here for a short time...so he/she won't be reading your comments...
Bluerose2001
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2013-09-21 10:53 PM (#154889 - in reply to #142813)

I can post a positive review of my mothers trailer. We were on a road trip to look at a horse in Tennessee last year and saw this cute two horse trailer on the side of the road. Stopped to look at it and called to get an official lookover after we checked out the horse. We ended up getting the trailer and have had it for two years now. If I am remembering correctly it is a 2000 model. Has a nice walk through door in the front and on inside to the stalls. Storage under the manger area for saddles and other necessities. Nice but bars and dividers. Fits my huge thoroughbred mare great! Only thing we have had to do was replace an interior light and some of the paint has the chalky white coming off when you touch it, but I actually need to do a good clean and wax on it. There was a black 1" strip of trim around the top that cracked from age/sun but we just removed it. If I feel like replacing it I could with a basic auto trim I believe. This trailer had traveled from its original Pennsylvania dealer with the original owner when she moved to TN. Great trailer and it has come in quite handy. The only flaw for short people is the jumping into the manger to pop up the roof vents for a trip. Sometimes its just too far to go find a ladder lol. We get a LOT of compliments on this trailer.
zsmom
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-07-28 2:07 PM (#160170 - in reply to #142813)

New User

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new on here and just read it. I have a 2005 Bee Trail Boss Walk through - still looks new. Its beautiful, no probs, everything works perfectly.It's been outside all its life, no paint prob. Unfortunately, I kept buying bigger and bigger horses - now I have a old 4 Star 2 + 1 and the Bee is for sale to QH people.Just wanted to give my thumbs up to the Bee Trailer line.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)