'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
4STAR RUNABOUT

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-01-26 7:04 AM
34 replies, 21387 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2014-01-21 9:47 AM (#157068 - in reply to #156934)
Subject: RE: 4STAR RUNABOUT

Extreme Veteran

Yes. Hart, Cimarron, Hawk, Merhow. Many others in the past 45 years.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
trailerconsult1
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2014-01-21 11:49 AM (#157070 - in reply to #156934)

Do you have any HARTS in stock - I'm in the market for one.....
ButchP
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-01-21 12:04 PM (#157071 - in reply to #156934)

Someone asked to hear from the manufacturer. I work at 4-Star and as director of R & D, I am involved in the development of the Runabout. Personally, I enjoy the conversation about our products on this forum. I especially pay close attention to our detractors. This is where we learn what our end users want in their trailer. 4-Star is committed to listening to and responding to customer suggestions for improvement. We have an entire department dedicated to continual improvement of our trailers. Our dealers stand behind our trailers and we stand behind them.

Our web site defines the Runabout and its purpose. It is our interpretation of an entry level trailer. It's not the least expensive, nor is it the most expensive trailer in its category. It isn't designed for everyone. Its designed for those who want a good quality, safe, well built trailer but aren't ready to spring for a deluxe model. We feel that it offers a taste of the high end in an admittedly limited design.

The weight savings we talk about are for the Bumper Pull Runabout. We are able to do this without compromising safety or durability. We designed a specially shaped and reinforced bottom rail which allows us to eliminate the large steel box frame used to attach the axles to the trailer. Fixing the width of the trailer allows for the elimination of inner fenders and the associated framing. We also designed a coupler tongue made entirely of aluminum except for the coupler itself. We just finished a redesign of the extruded aluminum tubes that form the coupler tongue which will allow us to safely increase the overall length of the bumper pull models. Look for new floor plans coming soon.

I personally believe that if you make your own comparisons you'll find that the Runabout models offer terrific value.

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2014-01-21 12:25 PM (#157073 - in reply to #156934)

Well said ButchP.  DON SMITH, OWNER, DIXIE HORSE & MULE CO.
trailerguru
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2014-01-24 11:10 AM (#157139 - in reply to #156934)

Well said Butch!
Fancy That
Reg. Jan 2012
Posted 2014-01-25 10:06 AM (#157161 - in reply to #156934)

Regular

ButchP - thank you for coming to the forum and addressing end-user questions and concerns! We always appreciate hearing straight from the horses' mouth!

And as a marketing professional (in high-tech), I love seeing this example of "Social Listening & Responding" from the manufacturer!! We have a small team at my company that "monitors" forums to pick up on conversations that we can jump into.

Good for you!!! Love your trailers - I don't have one - but have heard nothing but great things. Stellar reputation.
summit_bound
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2015-01-25 9:14 AM (#162373 - in reply to #156934)

My dream has been to find a gently used 4 Star, deluxe model, 2H slant BP, but it's like looking for the Holy Grail. I own a ("Deluxe") 2006 4Star LQ trailer and want the bumper pull for my local day hauls. Yesterday I looked at a couple of new 4 Star Runabouts. I could tell from the feel of them -- the way the doors latch, the way the windows close, the welds being blobs instead of full-length beads for instance -- that the model is not the same quality as my trailer. It still seems like a good trailer, though, but I'm concerned about that floor issue. I would like to ask the 4 Star representative whether they've seen many examples like Gard mentioned. Also, I'd be interested in knowing what the resale value on the Runabout is like, if anybody has sold one.
summit_bound
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2015-01-25 12:40 PM (#162374 - in reply to #156934)

Also, one thing I've noticed when shopping online for 4 Star trailers, many dealers don't mention "Runabout" in the description. You only know it's a Runabout model if you can read the word on the trailer in a photo. I don't think that's being completely forthright.
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-01-25 1:22 PM (#162375 - in reply to #156934)

Expert

^^^^^^ DITTO! Might make some feel a little bait-and-switch once they find out they didn't get a REAL deluxe 4star. Can anyone say Valuelite?
RustyScupper
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2015-01-26 7:04 AM (#162378 - in reply to #156934)

Veteran

First, I will start out with not sure why all the "hate" regarding the 4STAR Runabout. It is a trailer that fulfills a need just like the Sundowner Valulite. If everyone has an unlimited budget, would they be looking at Sundowner Valulite or the 4STAR Runabout, or would they be looking for a custom trailer. Most people on this forum do not have that luxury.

I wonder if there is hidden agenda's from some of the posts?

I have owned 2 Featherlites, 2 Sundowners, 2 4STARS (Living Qtrs, Runabout) and 1 Cimmaron. I still own the 4 STAR Living Qtrs and Cimmaron bumper pull. Each trailer served their need at the time of purchase. When my needs change I go out and look for what fullfills the need at the time and many factors come into play. Sometimes my budget may not allow me to get the features I want and sacrifices are made. Typically with me it is the Champagne taste with a beer budget.

I would still have the Runabout but traded up to a 3 horse Cimmaron Bumperpull. In Regards to the post by SUMMIT_BOUND I did pretty good on my trade.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)