'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
tack door

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-04-24 5:21 AM
2 replies, 2834 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bailbud
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2014-04-23 12:21 PM (#158776)
Subject: tack door

I have a classic gn the door going in to the front end has a broken hinge there are 4 , the bottom one broke . there is a wire/rod that appears to go from the top of the door to the bottom that goes through all the hinges do i have to remove the door and frame from the trailer to repair??
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2014-04-23 3:47 PM (#158781 - in reply to #158776)
Subject: RE: tack door

Expert

If the hinge pin will pass by the bodywork of your trailer, it may be possible to pull it out the top of the door's hinge bosses. If it is not possible to remove it with the door in place, the frame may have to be removed to gain clearance to remove the pin.

Either way, you should be able to strike the bottom of the pin with a drift and hammer, and then when proud, grasp the pin at the top with a pair of vice grips. It may be necessary to then strike the vice grips with the hammer until the pin is removed enough to be withdrawn by hand.

mudassar1
Reg. Feb 2014
Posted 2014-04-24 5:21 AM (#158790 - in reply to #158776)
Subject: RE: tack door

Now if you want to see some really heavy mats, the mats I have in the hall of my barn are old grain elevator conveyor mats. They are 3/4" thick, extremely heavy duty mats, 5' wide and 66' long. I estimate that they weigh about 1600 pounds each.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)