'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lakota Charger GN with Glide-out/Slide-out

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-07-28 8:23 PM
7 replies, 5024 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jklober
Reg. Jun 2014
Posted 2014-06-28 6:06 PM (#159662)
Subject: Lakota Charger GN with Glide-out/Slide-out

New User

We've been looking at new Lakota 2014 Charger model gooseneck trailers with finished LQ and glide-out couch area. Anyone own one and have comments? We really like them, have been looking for 2 years at them, and feel they are well made. Anyone have an opinion? Things to look out for? Any trouble with glide-out failure?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mrhicks
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-07-08 1:24 PM (#159781 - in reply to #159662)
Subject: RE: Lakota Charger GN with Glide-out/Slide-out

Yes im excited to pick up our new lakota in two to three weeks.We had a sundowner that did not perform for the price we paid. the lakota has come along way in recent years and blew us away. look at the welds,rivets, constuction, beams, amenities..etc. plus look at other brands then compare price. For what my wife and i paid for the sundowner 9yrs ago, were getting on top of that a 6 foot slide, 5 foot more shortwall, bigger frig, oven, more lighting all way around, 4 foot bigger awning, screen door, cool new paint options other that white. electric/propane water heater, just some things right off the top of my head. Not to mention a killer trade in on top of that. I was lucky to be at a organized ride with a lakota dealer there. plus look at several other lakotas from other campers had and talked to the owners. Good Luck.
Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2014-07-08 7:38 PM (#159786 - in reply to #159662)

Veteran

I have a 2007 10 foot short wall 4 horse. I have nothing but good things to say about Lakota. The only thing wrong with my trailer is my radio/CD player is not working.My wife is a licensed aircraft mechanic A&P so she inspected all the welds and rivets, she was impressed with the quality of the workmanship on our trailer.Our next trailer will defiantly be a Lakota.
HERB
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2014-07-13 8:05 PM (#159875 - in reply to #159662)

HERB
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2014-07-13 8:23 PM (#159877 - in reply to #159875)

Hello Jeeppir, I have a radio out of a 2008 Lakota if you are still in need of one. I remodeled our upper cabinets to be a bunk bed for the kids and put in a smaller radio.
aceliberty
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2014-07-21 6:00 AM (#160040 - in reply to #159662)

Extreme Veteran

I ordered a Lakota Charger and got it the first of March. I originally had an 8' spec and decided on a 7'6" with slide out. I love it. I've only gotten to camp one weekend in it thus far, as we've had 3 trips (2 flights and an out of state wedding reception) since then. I've hauled horses in it several times and love all the amenities. One minor thing I changed was the fabric covering the camper door. I removed it and installed a day/night shade on the inside of the entire screen/camper door. I got specs from 3 different dealers, and I'd be glad to share some tips and where I got the most bang for my buck.
kemersonholt
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-07-26 2:15 PM (#160156 - in reply to #159662)

New User

I have been looking at trailers and for the price the Lakota keeps coming back to me. I would be very interested to hear any advice you have. I am foregoing the slide out-just sounds like something else to break. I am worried about the drop down windows on the Lakota. Wish they were more like an Elite's.
goz63
Reg. Dec 2011
Posted 2014-07-28 8:23 PM (#160182 - in reply to #159662)

Veteran

If you do a search on this site, you will find that there are several threads on Lakota's. We have had ours now for about 2 1/2 years. Still love it. If I were to go out and replace it, I would buy another one. We have several friends that have them and they all love them as well. You will find with any brand those that have trouble, including Bloomers, Hart and 4 Star. Look for the opinions of those who have actually owned one. There are several threads where someone bashes the lakota but often of course they don't own one. Kind of like the iPhone, most of the people that hate them have never owned one. JMHO
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)