'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Muddy Boots Horse Trailer Camper

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-10-23 5:57 AM
5 replies, 5459 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TWHtrail
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-07-27 8:25 AM (#160160)
Subject: Muddy Boots Horse Trailer Camper

Looking for ideas to develop a hot/cold water, propane, cook stove, heated living quarters in a horse trailer that is easy clean up for primitive camping. Pictures of what others have done, mistakes made, work that was redone after trials/errors are hoped for. We are looking for what works right down to the best components. Thank you.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gliderider
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2014-08-20 8:54 PM (#160493 - in reply to #160160)
Subject: RE: Muddy Boots Horse Trailer Camper

Veteran

Did you get any answers yet?
TWHtrail
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-08-21 7:47 AM (#160496 - in reply to #160160)

Not from this forum. Yes, from other more active forums. Now in the mode of acquiring components and seeing how they will fit. We had some ideas and an initial plan. Was looking for some experienced based advice. Largely found "canned" answers. It has been my observation from where we ride those who have built their own campers camp/ride more than those who bought a completed living quarters. Those with completed living quarters, ones built by a trailer/RV company, seem to find its use to be too much prep/post work. Ours is being designed to be frost free, openly accessible components, higher quality heater both air and water at twice the cost of RV store components for ease of use, no frills of appearance only valued items. It is a place to clean, eat, sleep. Not live like a house on a campground, no satellite TV.
malik125
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-21 3:43 PM (#161213 - in reply to #160160)

New User

Ours is being designed to be frost free, openly accessible components, higher quality heater both air and water at twice the cost of RV store components for ease of use, no frills of appearance only valued items. It is a place to clean, eat, sleep. Not live like a house on a campground, no satellite TV.
aceliberty
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2014-10-22 7:14 AM (#161223 - in reply to #161213)

Extreme Veteran

You will find a wealth of information if you are a member of Facebook. Ask to join the group "Horse Trailer Conversion". If you post a question, you will receive a lot of answers from people who've "been there, done that". Not a DIY'er, but I have gotten lots of great ideas just following the group. Worth joining Facebook.
D sq
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2014-10-23 5:57 AM (#161248 - in reply to #160160)

Regular

For my hot water, I used one of the portable water heaters you use in the barns. I just plumbed it in-line with the water pump. I put the propane tank in the first stall, mounted the water heater on tne slant wall. It works great. Cost of the heater was around $120. new propane tank $40.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)