'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Accessories

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-09-15 10:40 AM
6 replies, 3625 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tkresher
Reg. Sep 2014
Posted 2014-09-14 2:07 PM (#160757)
Subject: Trailer Accessories

New User

I am purchasing a used LQ trailer and have the opportunity to add a few things that I wanted but were not on the trailer such as a stud wall and hay rack/ladder. I am wondering what everyone else feels is a needed accessory? I'm going through a dealer and they will order what I want (within reason) and include it the trailer and financing so I would like to add everything I'm going to need now. Pretty excited!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kooner
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2014-09-14 4:52 PM (#160759 - in reply to #160757)
Subject: RE: Trailer Accessories

Extreme Veteran

the stud wall in our 4 horse is used as extra space, so things do not roll into the the other stalls, if you are not going to be gone for extended periods of time you can do without the hay rack if you can put all the the extra things you need in the front stall or in your truck.
PDGx
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2014-09-14 8:37 PM (#160760 - in reply to #160757)

Veteran

Lighting both inside and outside, individually switched for stalls, tack area, rear loading light, outside left, and outside right. Also tap in a power port for a stall camera.
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2014-09-15 12:16 AM (#160761 - in reply to #160757)

Elite Veteran

An escape door on the first stall, a stud divider, walk through door from horse area to tack up front is a must for me. Also, I do have the hayrack and use it for water tanks for camping. Gravity fed water is nice for rinsing horse off after a ride and or watering the horse and or used for the cowboy shower in the back. Also, I have 4 interior lights just in the tack area. 2 brite lights in the horse compartment, and two rear loading lights as well as porch lights on the side at the tack door for porch lighting. Love the lights. I wish I had a 3 horse gooseneck though.(mine is only a 2 horse) For horse camping it would be nice as I do not have a garage and need to store my camping gear in the trailer at all times. It is all in the way as I have a small, 3' short wall in front. I would go with at least a 4 or 5' short-wall up front and have the tack door on the driver's side as this makes for a more useful tack area up front. I am now on my third trailer. Take it from me, get everything you want NOW. It is too expensive to add at a later time.
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2014-09-15 12:25 AM (#160762 - in reply to #160757)

Elite Veteran

Oh, another thing...insulated walls and ceiling. I can keep my tack in my trailer all year long without it ever mildewing because my trailer is insulated all the way around. Have the ceiling insulated in the horse compartment too as this is really nice on a hot day. (Better re-sale value as well) I hate a rear tack and use my first stall to put the saddles in. ( you might haul a horse for someone that will not load or unload with a rear tack-this has happened to me on more than one occasion. That and I just got a new, young horse that will not load nicely yet unless the rear is fully opened and no rear tack) Eventually he will load nicely no matter what, but for now...I am thankful for not having a rear tack.I hated it in the front area too, where I sleep while camping. So, I like having the mid-tack option.
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2014-09-15 12:28 AM (#160763 - in reply to #160757)

Elite Veteran

oops, just re-read your post... your new trailer is used and already is what it is. Sorry....I thought you were getting a new one on order.
tkresher
Reg. Sep 2014
Posted 2014-09-15 10:40 AM (#160764 - in reply to #160757)

New User

Thank you everyone... all the input was helpful as I got ideas on things I didn't think of! I've got my list now and will be calling to get what I can added on and included into the financing 8-) Whoo Hoo! Very excited!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)