'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions on Big South Fork Lodge?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-10-24 2:00 PM
4 replies, 4855 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

acy
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2014-09-30 2:45 PM (#160980)
Subject: Opinions on Big South Fork Lodge?

Extreme Veteran

Several friends and I had planned to camp and ride at BSF Lodge in October for a few days. Unfortunately I had an accident and broke my clavacle 5 weeks b4 we were scheduled to get there. I"d already paid the full amount (6 nites hook up fees and 2 stalls)
Their policy states reservations in Oct. must be paid for and $ won't be refunded (minus $30) unless they have 30 days notice and can fill the spot.

I called immediately after my accident, so they had over 30 days notice. Now they're refusing to refund my money.

I've never camped at this facility and after going thru all this on the phone with them never intend to.

I'm just wondering has anyone else had any bad experiences with them?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
yeehaw
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2014-09-30 6:47 PM (#160982 - in reply to #160980)
Subject: RE: Opinions on Big South Fork Lodge?

Veteran

Have heard that they are $$$ hungry, but this is surely not the way to build a good name...post your comments on horsetraildirectory.com you might get a response from them at least, or alert others to be careful.
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2014-10-06 5:55 PM (#161064 - in reply to #160980)

just talked to Acy's husband; she is in recovery after surgery to repair the breaks. Sure hope BSF Lodge will do the right thing.
mrhicks
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2014-10-23 9:22 AM (#161254 - in reply to #160980)

Im sorry to hear that. i camp and ride at big south fork year round. This place does have a somewhat bad rap even in the local circles. i too hope they do the right thing. but maybe at least you can just camp at a later date. they do have the one of the best locals being they are right on the Cumberland Vally trailhead. I would definatly go online and tell people about your experience though
acy
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2014-10-24 2:00 PM (#161271 - in reply to #160980)

Extreme Veteran

Update: it's been a while since i"ve been back had to have 2 ortho surgeries.
I did get all my $ refunded except for the $30 non refundable deposit. I can live with that.

My friends enjoyed camping there overall, said the trails were wonderful and barns were very nice. But the campsites need to be updated - apparently the campground owners expect multiple trailers to use the same hook ups, and there isn't enough electricity to run the AC w/out blowing fuses.

The campground has been for sale for quite some time, sounds like the owners just want to get out from under it, so probably won't be making any improvements.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)