'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hopkins Endurance RV Plug Installation Tip

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-10-13 9:58 AM
0 replies, 2503 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

justgurn
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2014-10-13 9:58 AM (#161124)
Subject: Hopkins Endurance RV Plug Installation Tip

Veteran

I was experiencing intermittent messages informing me the trailer was disconnected. I cleaned the trailer plug and still was getting the error message. So I decided to replace the plug.I’ll start by saying the old adage “If all else fails read the instructions”. The task was to replace the plug with a new Hopkins Endurance Model# 48510. Pretty easy task one would think. Cut the old receptacle off as the circuit break was clicking away, I should have disconnected the auxiliary power. Then I stripped the cable back and started making connections. The problem I ran into was the cable jacket wasn’t stripped back far enough and would not allow the rear split case to close properly. I removed some more of the cable jacket and started to close it up. This is where I fought the wires to lay just right for the case to close properly. Finally, after standing on one foot and shaking it like a can of paint it closed. Plugged it into the truck and perfect everything worked. As I was putting my tools away and decide to look over the instructions and noticed it stated use the enclosed zip tie to secure the wires to the body. I decided I would open it up in the morning and put the zip tie on.Well this morning in the dark, because wiring should be worked when you can’t see I opened it up and attached the zip ties. The case went together in second both feet on the ground.Two things to remember 1) strip the cable back ¼”pasted the metal housing, 2) zip tie half the wire to upper housing and the other half to the lower.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)