'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need help with triggs trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-10-23 9:47 AM
5 replies, 5256 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

stoneponyiowa
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-18 9:24 AM (#161195)
Subject: Need help with triggs trailer

I have a 1988 Triggs all fibreglass 2 horse straight load, goose-neck, trailer with living quarters. I have problems with plumbing and wish to do some remodelling. Does anyone know anything about working with sheet fibreglass or maybe know where I can get a plumbing and wiring layout for this trailer? I cannot seem to find any information on it
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
stoneponyiowa
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-23 7:58 AM (#161249 - in reply to #161195)
Subject: RE: Need help with triggs trailer

OK, trailer people; I have made 2 plans for my old 1988 Triggs fibreglass 2 horse trailer that is mostly LQ. So look at the plans and tell me if the plan 2 is doable or if I should go with plan 1. At the bottom of each plan page is the original trailer the way it is now. One of the things wrong with the toilet shower area in the mid tack is that it is not heated or cooled. And it is the only storage area for saddles, grain and such. There is a small two saddle rack under the manger that is accessed buy going into the shower area through the outside door and leaning in at a bad angle (for my back) and trying to stuff the saddles under the back of the manger. It is so short that the stirrups must be folded under the rack and laid on the floor. And, to keep them dry when you shower you have to use the shower curtain and hope it works. Also the outside door next to the shower has no inside handle or lock. It can be opened from the outside only. So while you are in the shower a person could come open the door and you could not stop them, nor could you use it as an excape door. BUT, the very nice little door between the LQ and the toilet is a locking one with a nice screen door and a little window, so you could easily lock someone in the mid tack if you wanted to!??????
stoneponyiowa
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-23 8:04 AM (#161250 - in reply to #161249)

OH NO: THE SITE WILL NOT LET ME ADD PICTURES OF MY TRAILER PLANS!
stoneponyiowa
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-23 8:22 AM (#161251 - in reply to #161250)

MY first plan was to take all or part of the divider out of between the horses because it is so terribly hot back there. Some one added plywood to the bottom of the original divider so it is a solid wall about 4 feet high. Taking out at least the plywood,I think will increase air flow. Also I was thinking if there is room I could divide the mid tack into a tiny bathroom with shower and a separate tack area with outside entrance. If that works, then I was thinking of making a pocket door instead of the locking door to the tiny bathroom and also find a way to heat and cool it. Any Ideas on this? If this stuff is doable then I would try to make a swing out saddle rack in the new smaller mid tack area and maybe put doors in the horses side of the manger underneath so I could access the storage area. only the saddle part is now open to be used and the rest of the manger area you have remove the saddles and saddle rack and crawl into it to put things in or take them out. The toilet is in the way for making an access door on the inside under the manger and that part of the manger/ divider wall is holding the ceiling up. I wish I knew how to make the file smaller so I could send a picture of my plans. This is the easier and cheaper of the two plans.
stoneponyiowa
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-23 8:23 AM (#161252 - in reply to #161251)

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2014-10-23 9:47 AM (#161256 - in reply to #161195)

Expert

hello and welcome to the forum I have not done any thing to my trailer but I have see other do what you are talking about on different trailers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)