'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hart or Bloomer LQ Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-11-03 11:24 AM
4 replies, 6180 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

htq
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-31 12:18 PM (#161342)
Subject: Hart or Bloomer LQ Trailer

New User

Looking at similar trailers from these 2 brands - both about 30' on the ground, 4H on both. Around '05-'07 models.

Any advantage to either one?

Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ThreeCW
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2014-11-01 12:42 PM (#161351 - in reply to #161342)
Subject: RE: Hart or Bloomer LQ Trailer

Veteran

We are not able to comment on the Bloomer but we have a 2006 Hart 3H with a 13 ft LQ which we absolutely LOVE. The trailer is 28 ft on the gound x 8 ft wide. It has an Outlaw LQ package which is very posh, well laid out and very high quality. These larger, quality built living quarter trailers are VERY heavy and you need to ensure you are adequately trucked to be able to pull it. Our trailer weighs 11,800 lbs dry (which included 3900 lb on the pin or 34% of the total weight). Loaded with 2 horses, panels, hay, water, tack and gear was 16,700 lbs (which included 4400 lbs on the pin or 26% of the total weight). The Hart is a very high quality trailer, well built and solid ... we love it so much we are in the process of buying another (used) Hart 3H gooseneck as our day use trailer. Ensure that what every used trailer you buy, make sure to pull the mats and inspect the horse area aluminum floor for any signs of corrosion. An aluminum floor is NOT maintenance free and needs to be washed out frequently to avoid the corrosive effects of urine and manure. Regards, 3CW
longearsruletwo
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2014-11-02 8:47 AM (#161363 - in reply to #161342)

Regular

I had a Bloomer with an 8' short wall, stock combo. It was a well made trailer but didn't keep it long. I have a '03 Hart now with a 10' short wall, Outlaw conversion which I love! I have no complaints at all on the Hart, it has held up well in the 8 yrs. I have had it. Would buy another Hart in a heart beat. Only problems have been the usual wear and tear, small stuff, door gaskets, screens that dogs scratched, no structural problems.
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2014-11-03 8:44 AM (#161369 - in reply to #161342)

Extreme Veteran

When we replaced our Cimarron last spring, we looked at Bloomer vs Hart side by side on comparable trailers. Made a list of things I didn't like about both at that time----

Bloomer-Main issue were the drop windows. The piano hinges, a plastic latch system, and the windows twisted way to easy, all lead me to believe they would not hold up. Windows take a lot of abuse and they went to far in making them lighter in my opinion. Other things, such as the tie hooks-the spring deal works fine if you have both hands free and the more movement (due to the spring retraction), the more chance for issues. Also, I don't like the look of rivets holding the skin on but that is just me. Another deal breaker was their step. You HAD to drop the step to get in the tack, LQ or escape door. The door would not clear the step until it was dropped down.

Hart-Main issues that I didn't like was the manager doors opened upward. Has taken some getting to, but have found out, I really like it that way. Another is that there is no paddle latch on the escape door-just a handle latch which means you can't latch from the inside of the first stall in order to use the first stall as a mud room. A little outdated look-most new trailers have "streamlined" the look, Hart still has the same look that our first Hart did from the mid 90's. Saddle rack-had issues on the last 3 Hart's we owned with welds breaking and they have not changed the design.

The both are very heavy, top shelf trailers. Structurally, I don't think you could go wrong with either. We went with the Hart.

Good luck!

kooner
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2014-11-03 11:24 AM (#161370 - in reply to #161342)

Extreme Veteran

look at a C & C they are about as good as you can get if you can find one that is for sale. the only difference you will find on the better trailers is who did the LQ and some are better than others, ours was done by Stampede and the quality is good but they all have some things that you will not like.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)