'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
winter trailer insulation

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-12-09 11:47 PM
4 replies, 4556 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

liv to ride
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2014-11-15 6:29 PM (#161584)
Subject: winter trailer insulation

Veteran

Can anyone tell me if they make a trailer with the insulation that the RV companies do? Such as the Arctic Fox brand, which are truly useable during the winter months. It would be really nice to be able to use my LQ more than 4 months a year and not have to worry about it freezing up. the horse trailer companies are seriously missing out on this market if they don't. If they can do it to an RV they should be able to do it to a horse trailer. Thanks for any input.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hornet
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2014-11-15 8:51 PM (#161588 - in reply to #161584)
Subject: RE: winter trailer insulation

Extreme Veteran

Wow, four months a year above freezing.....no thank you. But back to your topic, since very few trailer manufactures actually install their own living quarters and there are so many conversion companies out there, it's near impossible to say which one makes an arctic version. I'm sure you could specify one being built to your needs.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2014-11-15 10:39 PM (#161590 - in reply to #161584)

Expert

Glad I don't live in that area. Last winter was bad enough. Most LQ companies insulate their installations, but it usually involves a low "R" factor. Most owners don't use them in extreme conditions, and it only takes a minimal amount of heat to supply the low cubic footage. Because the interior structures are quite thin, unless additional framing is added, there isn't a lot of wall thickness to install thick, home like insulation barriers. The best additional insulation addition I've seen, was a commercial spray foam applied to new interior studding.
trailgaiting
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2014-11-28 7:38 AM (#161832 - in reply to #161584)

New User

i certainly appreciate the op comments and interests in better insulation . . . in our part of the world, temperatures over night can be well below freezing, while temperatures in the 40's, and even 50's, can just as easily follow the very next day . . . in our dry climate, 40's and 50's can be very comfortable for horse and rider, so we like to take advantage of those kind of riding opportunities as long as we can tolerate the nights . . . sadly, ALL companies, certainly including those that make high end/low end/and everything in between lq's, seem to cut every corner they think they can to save a nickel - provided they think they can get away with the short cuts . . . if there is a bright spot, rv livability is on the rise, probably due to the number of snowbirds that will pay for better insulation, windows, and such . . . AND, lq livability, which lags the rv business, will eventually catch up!!! . . . here's hoping you all live long enough to take advantage of what's to come!!! . . .
khushfehmi045
Reg. Dec 2014
Posted 2014-12-09 11:47 PM (#161999 - in reply to #161584)

New User

I've never had a problem with mine, But different climates have different problems.-----GuL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)