'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
what key things to look for when buying used LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-01-27 7:39 AM
6 replies, 4120 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

robison19
Reg. Dec 2013
Posted 2015-01-21 6:51 PM (#162333)
Subject: what key things to look for when buying used LQ

Hi All, Direct me to the right link if this has been asked before and where I can find a good list. I am looking at getting my first LQ trailer....will be a new to me trailer. So what should I for sure look for in the LQ, (not must haves, I think I have a good list of what we need), but a list of things to checkout before we write the check to make sure everything is in working order. Or what do you wish you would have known to look for or glad you looked at before you bought yours. Would like to get a 6-8ft (no slide)with couch or table, kitchenette, bath/ shower, a/c with heat. Thanks!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2015-01-22 3:18 AM (#162334 - in reply to #162333)
Subject: RE: what key things to look for when buying used LQ

Elite Veteran

Look at overall condition. Closely check the floors in the stall area, under the pads.... Try to get a look under it at the frame. Make sure everything is in working order... be nice, but don't be shy about checking everything out... especially the electrical system, charging system (if with generator) and the batteries... be sure tires are good, and that they ARE trailer tires...(pref. 14 ply)... or bargain down so you can replace them. Usually, you may wish to replace the mattress. Look the fridge over carefully, see if it is two-way or three-way (AC/DC/LP)... Good luck!
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2015-01-22 5:56 PM (#162345 - in reply to #162333)

Expert

Major things to look for on the interior is check all around the ceiling for any dark spots which could be possible water damage and also check for fresh paint or stain. This is a tell, tell sign of covering up damage.
robison19
Reg. Dec 2013
Posted 2015-01-22 7:04 PM (#162346 - in reply to #162333)

Thanks for the input! I feel like I know what to look for in a basic horse trailer when buying used. The LQ part I have never looked at before so want to make sure I know what to look at and red flags to be aware of.
g-dog
Reg. Mar 2014
Posted 2015-01-24 3:41 PM (#162367 - in reply to #162346)

We looked for months...not sure what size you want but we found that the 10 ft. living quarters and being 8 ft. wide are very hard to find! We wanted the sink in bathroom and it seemed like a person had to go with the 10 ft. to get this. So if you want the extra sink and find a 8' wide x 10' living quarters don't horse around!!
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2015-01-26 12:07 PM (#162381 - in reply to #162333)

Extreme Veteran

My list of things to look for. Pocket door to the bathroom. Two sinks, LOTS of hanging space, enough cabinets for cooking pans and food,8 wide, fridge that automatically switches from propane to electric, electric plugs in convenient locations, china potty, convenient location for light switches, day/night shades. I like couch instead of dinette, ducted A/C, if not ducted, then a thermostat for the smaller trailers. A floor that easy to clean and keep clean. One key for all doors on the trailer. Easy access locations for the water pump, water tank, under sink plumbing and fuse box. Go with at least a 8 - 9 shortwall. Unless your a very nominal kind of person, that 6' is just too small. :-)
postlewaitee
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2015-01-27 7:39 AM (#162385 - in reply to #162333)

Veteran

Its probably best to get a custom built trailer if you wan to get everything on your list, otherwise you may have to compromise a bit. finding the right trailer is a lot of hard work!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)