'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Shadow Trailers - Equa-flex axles

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-01-29 5:23 PM
6 replies, 8026 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

shanslik
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2015-01-23 3:35 PM (#162357)
Subject: Shadow Trailers - Equa-flex axles

New User

Have been trailer shopping and researched a little about Shadow trailers. Which seem to have good bang for your buck. But wait, they don't make them with Torsion axles?? Instead all Shadows are constructed with Equa-flex spring leaf axles. Supposedly ride as smooth as a torsion, so they say lol. Here's a link to the Lippert components / equa-flex website:https://lci1.com/equa-flexWhat's y'alls opinions on this? Pro's, cons? Is this just a way to reduce the price yet try to sell these axles as "better"?Also, the mid-price Shadows have the option of Aluminum plank floor, or pressure treated lumber floor. Wow throw-back! As an owner of a horse that urinates in the trailer EVERY time, I am forever folding flipping pulling (and cussing) mats to rinse the aluminum floor in current trailer. is a wood floor a good option as easier to replace?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2015-01-25 10:18 PM (#162376 - in reply to #162357)
Subject: RE: Shadow Trailers - Equa-flex axles

Elite Veteran

I would much rather have the wood floors. Yes, aluminum is expensive to replace and you would have to have it done professionally. Wood floor you could do your self. Plus, the wood is better in my opinion, on the horses for road concussion. I just bought a trailer that is 17 years old with a wood floor that is in awesome shape. The boards had been painted white when installed and obviously protected the wood for years. I noticed the boards were spaced a part more so than I had expected? This obviously works well for drainage when the horse urinates and also when rinsing out the floors.
shanslik
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2015-01-27 5:01 PM (#162391 - in reply to #162357)

New User

Thanks for your input on the flooring :) Went and looked at Shadow trailers today. Cheap, was NOT impressed. Dividers were flimsy and had plastic latches. The list goes on from there!
luvtoride
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2015-01-28 4:08 PM (#162399 - in reply to #162357)

Just had to let you know I love my Shadow trailer. I actually have two of them, a bumper pull for my running around (with wood floors and equiflex axles) that just works perfectly! Dividers ARE plastic (some kinda rumber/metal/plastic material) that is AWESOME ! Had a lot of trailers in my day and this divider and wall lining is the easiest to clean and deodorize that I have ever worked with. Big thing for me was that the "plastic" stuff fit into the aluminum ... no sharp edges and stuff. I really liked that. Door locks too might be plastic but so are my water buckets! Those latches are awesome, we all have tried to load a horse with one hand and a flake of hay in the other... and you can do that all with one hard with the cool latches they have. Not to mention you only need ONE KEY with a shadow! Thank gosh no more digging in the drawer to see what key works what. One key works every door and window I have. My living quarter is the bomb! Left a coffee pot on the counter like a dummy ... but guess what with the great ride on my trailer with those new axles it never fell off! YUP I know my horses are having a nice trip! Sorry you didnt like the Shadow trailer, but I for one LOVE them. Best quality trailer AWESOME customer service (bought mine in OH at Coughlin) and wouldnt go back to any of the other trailers I hauled in the past years. I give a big thumbs up for Shadow.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2015-01-28 9:43 PM (#162400 - in reply to #162399)

Expert

It should be known that Michele, ( luvtoride ) has been selling Shadow trailers for some time. She has frequently posted within this forum as Shadow's representative ( under buyshadow ), in efforts to sell their products. It would then be reasonable, to assume she would be favourably biased towards the Shadow brand.
luvtoride
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2015-01-29 4:27 AM (#162401 - in reply to #162357)

GOOD MORNING Gard! Yes it is true, I do sell Shadow trailers and have for many years! BUT I also pull them as well so everything stated is truth! Have tons of customers that pull them as well (all across the WORLD) and just felt it was ok to post my HONEST feelings about my personal trailers! Have an awesome day!
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-01-29 5:23 PM (#162408 - in reply to #162357)

Expert

Gard, thanks for the transparency.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'