'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
slide outs

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-03-27 7:19 AM
3 replies, 3197 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

shrumie
Reg. Mar 2015
Posted 2015-03-25 6:46 PM (#162991)
Subject: slide outs

New User

Thinking of getting a new LQ horse trailer; one I'm looking at has a 6' slide out. Any pro or con discussion on slide outs? tips for successful use of them?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
clearwatercowboy
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2015-03-25 9:27 PM (#162992 - in reply to #162991)
Subject: RE: slide outs

We purchased a Bison AlumaSport that has a 6 ft. slide out, dinette style, and we really enjoy having the extra space. Some maintenance is necessary, i.e., applying silicone spray to the gears/tracks. But, we feel that it is well worth the effort, and we would not purchase another LQ without a slide out.
Rostrenga
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2015-03-26 7:41 PM (#163001 - in reply to #162991)

Veteran

My trails West is a 2005, I use it a lot and have never had any problem with my slide. It gives the extra space needed
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2015-03-27 7:19 AM (#163013 - in reply to #162991)

Extreme Veteran

IMO, it depends how you plan to use it. IF you go and park for a few days, most people love them. If you just spend a night somewhere than off to another somewhere, not so much. We did not get one on our last LQ due to the costs, maintenance, and just 2 of us. I know we will take a bigger hit if we trade it in as slide outs are the rage right now. Our good friends over at the LQ shop states that 90%+ of their trailers they do are with slides. But they are still having some issues, but the issues are a lot less common. Seems that the manufacturers are getting them figured out. He said that most the issues, any more, are from lack of maintenance or abuse.....Also, you limit the floor plans due to all the at is needed on a slide.Good luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)