'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Metal Roof Rehab

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-04-14 8:35 PM
1 replies, 2751 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

hellothere353
Reg. Apr 2015
Posted 2015-04-14 6:12 PM (#163156)
Subject: Metal Roof Rehab

New User

Hello,I am hoping that someone could give me some advise. My 93 Logan's roof is leaking water. The seals between seams have long dried out and the roof paint is peeling in a few spots. I plan on stripping the roof paint and seals and redoing it. The only problem is I am not finding any good answers on what products work good to reseal the seams and repaint the roof. Anyone have any experience doing this? What else should I be aware of on this project? Thank you very much for your time!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2015-04-14 8:35 PM (#163157 - in reply to #163156)
Subject: RE: Metal Roof Rehab

Expert

Remove all the loose paint and clean the metal. Roll on two or three coats of elastomeric roofing product. The better coatings have an 8 -10 year warranty, and can be recoated when necessary. This will waterproof the roof, and the white coating, if you live in a hot area, will reflect a great deal of sunlight. This will decrease the interior temperatures. It is much less expensive and easier to effect this coating system, than applying quality primers, caulking and final paint coverings.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)