'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Shawnee and wet weather

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-05-22 11:09 AM
3 replies, 4499 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2015-05-20 12:01 PM (#163478)
Subject: Shawnee and wet weather

Extreme Veteran

Hi All,Was planning a vacation next week to the High Knob Campground and after receiving a phone call and looking at the extended forecast, we're considering delaying vacation until the following week. If it does rain all next week, does anyone know how the trail conditions are in that area after lots of rain. Here in Southeast Iowa, our trails are closed due to the muddy conditions and will be for a few weeks. Does it get real muddy in places down there or is there enough rock that it drains off well and the trails are decent to ride?Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kentuckyrain
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2015-05-21 5:43 PM (#163506 - in reply to #163478)
Subject: RE: Shawnee and wet weather

I will also be at High Knob next week. I have noticed the forecast as well but I'll still be going. If you do go, look me up. I ride a one-eyed red gelding, a little chunky (both of us)!
horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2015-05-22 5:09 AM (#163510 - in reply to #163478)

Extreme Veteran

We've delayed vacation by a week now. JoJo called us and discouraged us from coming because of the weather. We thought we had reservations starting Saturday and she said she didn't have us coming until Monday so we wondered if she overbooked or something. The ones coming Saturday all had letters with their deposits stating arrival Sat. leaving Sat. and it was accepted then. When we tried to reserve for the following week from Saturday to Saturday and she said we couldn't do that because it takes too much out of the weekend so we'd have to leave on Friday. Never heard of a campground that wouldn't allow that especially for people traveling a distance. If she stands firm on that, we'll be going to Hayes Canyon instead.Have a great vacation, heard it's the nicest trail riding in Shawnee.
kentuckyrain
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2015-05-22 11:09 AM (#163514 - in reply to #163510)

Well shoot! I haven't heard from her but I wasn't arriving until Wed. I keep checking the weather....but you know what they say......Many a ride's been missed, waiting on the rain!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)