'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Oklahoma trailer tag/title...need info!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-05-23 6:28 PM
4 replies, 7748 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Sdehtan
Reg. May 2015
Posted 2015-05-23 1:12 AM (#163526)
Subject: Oklahoma trailer tag/title...need info!

New User

Please help! I have a 2 horse that I bought in Oklahoma. I lived in Oklahoma up until about 4 months ago. I have a bill of sell for the trailer but never got a tag or title for it. I used it for private use and only went to rodeos in the state. I live in Illinois now and I need to get it up here. How do I register for a tag/title in Oklahoma or should I just register it in Illinois. The bill of sell has my name and my moms. At the time of purchase I was under 18, so her name had to go on it as well. Please help!-----Shyanne Dehtan
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
AZgrulla
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2015-05-23 5:19 AM (#163527 - in reply to #163526)
Subject: RE: Oklahoma trailer tag/title...need info!

Veteran

I would register it where you currently live. Saves hassle if it's ever stolen or when you sell it. Contact your DMV for the requirements. Some places make you have it registered/titled in the first state and then pay a simple transfer fee. But, if you never registered it in OK but have a bill of sale, you might be ok. We bought a trailer in OK(brand new) and had it shipped to AZ...it had to be inspected and then we got permanent tags.
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2015-05-23 5:44 AM (#163528 - in reply to #163526)

Elite Veteran

We bought a two horse bumper pull several years ago... no title from Oklahoma... had to apply for a new title with the vin # and build year to get a Missouri tag. Check with your DMV.
kooner
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2015-05-23 7:42 AM (#163529 - in reply to #163526)

Extreme Veteran

Oklahoma is a non title state. You have several options if you have the mfg. paper work from the factory when it was new, I would check with the state you are in now but another option is if your mom lives in Oklahoma get a farm tag for it and leave it reg. in OK that tag will cost you $8 per year. If you get an Ok tag it still will not have a title but that will show who owns it and that should help in another state,
Sdehtan
Reg. May 2015
Posted 2015-05-23 6:28 PM (#163531 - in reply to #163526)

New User

I bought the trailer used from a dealer. It wasn't brand new, all they gave me was a bill of sale with receipt of purchase and trailer info.. Thank you for the help guys!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)