'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Weighed my axles, What does it mean?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-05-25 8:09 AM
1 replies, 2708 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

briggsbay
Reg. Oct 2013
Posted 2015-05-24 8:34 PM (#163533)
Subject: Weighed my axles, What does it mean?

I have a 2007, 3H Trails West LQ, 10 ft short wall, and a 2007 Chev.Crew Cab, Silverado, 3500HD LTZ, Dually, Diesel, with an extra 68 Gal ATTA gas tank. I weighed all the axles, and they were: Front truck axle 4900#, Rear truck axle 7600#, horse trailer axles 12,400#. I was fully loaded with three horses. I have no idea if my truck is over loaded or not, but not sure what I would upgrade to if it is! I don't usually haul three horses, and when hauling two they are at the back over the axles.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Critiques? It tows great with horses in it, it 'bucks/jerks' a little if it's empty - not sure if that's relevant or not.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2015-05-25 8:09 AM (#163535 - in reply to #163533)
Subject: RE: Weighed my axles, What does it mean?

Veteran

Everything on the truck looks good to me without getting into the books. The trailer is a little heavy at first glance. I need to know the weight rating of your axles and tires. If you have 7,000lbs axles or greater all is good, if they are 6,000lbs axles you are over loaded. Also look at the max weight carring rating of your tires add it up and it must be greater than the loaded weight on your trailer axles. If possible find out the weight on each axle. If your trailer is not level the axle on the low end will carry a great deal more than the other. With the trailer loaded set the gooseneck tube so the trailer sits level.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)