'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Shalimar Farms in West Virginia

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-09-20 7:48 AM
4 replies, 5194 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Remington77
Reg. Nov 2011
Posted 2015-06-11 6:58 PM (#163753)
Subject: Shalimar Farms in West Virginia

Regular

Anyone been to Shalimar Farm in Cass, West Virginia? We would be pulling a 32 foot trailer off of Interstate 79 and from the MapQuest it looks like about 100 miles of really curvy roads. Would like to hear from anyone that has trailered there. It looks like a good place to ride after you get there.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tirebiter
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2015-06-29 9:05 AM (#163900 - in reply to #163753)
Subject: RE: Shalimar Farms in West Virginia

Regular

We stopped at her booth at Equine Affaire in Columbus, OH. It does look like a really nice and beautiful place. I am thinking it's not that many acres...??? She mentioned that there is some state or federal land nearby and you can pay someone to take you on guided rides there. Or maybe you are good with a compass. Not trying to be funny and I hope this is of some help.I see you are from Ohio. Where do you like to go in Ohio to camp and trail? We live in northeastern Indiana. I see there are some places north and east of Cincinnati.
Remington77
Reg. Nov 2011
Posted 2015-06-29 10:12 AM (#163902 - in reply to #163753)

Regular

we actually talked to the owners of Shalimar at the equine affair too. I believe we are going to try it this fall. As for places we camp, we live in southern Ohio, Waverly to be exact. We ride and camp in several of the State parks around here. A few are , Shawnee State Park, Pike Lake State Park, Paint Creek State Park, Tar Hollow State park, Zeleski State Park, Hocking Hills state Park, Scioto trails state park, Hammer Town , Great Seal park. All have horse trails and all are primitive camping. We did go up to Salt Fork for a week this supper, It had electric and lots of riding. Haven't been north of Columbus.Be happy to share info on any of these places. thanks for the reply on Shalimar Farms
tirebiter
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2015-07-02 10:15 AM (#163926 - in reply to #163753)

Regular

Wow, lots of trail riding areas, how nice. I would be most interested in Salt Fork since it has electric sites. I am going to look it up online. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!
Remington77
Reg. Nov 2011
Posted 2015-09-20 7:48 AM (#164759 - in reply to #163753)

Regular

After much searching on the internet and asking around, we decided to go to EJ's Cottages instead of Shalimar Farms. The two camps are not far apart. We had a great time at EJ's. He is the kindest person we have ever met. The camp area is not very big but has water, electric, and sewer hookups. The barn is nice with automatic watering . The Greenbriar River Trail is right out of camp, as is the River . It are beautiful. There are several trails up in the mountains also. We rode the river trail into Cass for ice cream and a look at the old train that makes trips up the mountain and back. Several other things there to see also. There is a 510 foot tunnel and long bridge across Greenbriar river about 11 miles down the Greenbriar river trail. This place would be awesome to see when the leaves turn. Maybe we will try Shalimar Farms next time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)