'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Homemade Trailer Title in Arkansas-Help?!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-07-15 5:24 AM
4 replies, 11780 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

buckitup_2014
Reg. Jul 2015
Posted 2015-07-05 8:03 AM (#163943)
Subject: Homemade Trailer Title in Arkansas-Help?!

New User

I am considering purchasing a trailer where I live in Arkansas. Since it is Sunday & the DMV is closed right now I am just casually looking for some quick information if anyone knows about stuff in this genre of expertise. The trailer I am looking at is a 24 ft old old stock trailer, gooseneck pull. The current owner does not have the title & does not have the Certificate of Origin. Does Arkansas allow for homemade registrations and titles on stock trailers? What do I need To do to get a real homemade registration/title for it ? To the point to where I can pull it all the way down to Florida legally and not have to worry about a victicious tag or something. I tried looking on the Internet for any information and I can't seem to find anything! Thanks for any advice and help .
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2015-07-05 9:58 AM (#163944 - in reply to #163943)
Subject: RE: Homemade Trailer Title in Arkansas-Help?!

Elite Veteran

If they don't have a title, you may be inviting problems.... don't do it. There are plenty of trailers to buy everywhere.
kooner
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2015-07-05 11:56 AM (#163945 - in reply to #163943)

Extreme Veteran

if the trailer has a vin. # and possibly a model and make, most states will issue with a bill of sale , this being said check with your local tag agent and or state police before you make a purchase, if he lives in the same state as you do , have him get the tag and or title.
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2015-07-05 2:10 PM (#163946 - in reply to #163943)

Expert

Originally written by buckitup_2014 on 2015-07-05 8:03 AM

I am considering purchasing a trailer where I live in Arkansas. Since it is Sunday & the DMV is closed right now I am just casually looking for some quick information if anyone knows about stuff in this genre of expertise. The trailer I am looking at is a 24 ft old old stock trailer, gooseneck pull. The current owner does not have the title & does not have the Certificate of Origin. Does Arkansas allow for homemade registrations and titles on stock trailers? What do I need To do to get a real homemade registration/title for it ? To the point to where I can pull it all the way down to Florida legally and not have to worry about a victicious tag or something. I tried looking on the Internet for any information and I can't seem to find anything! Thanks for any advice and help .
How is it currently licensed in ARKANSAS without a title????
4quartercirclesperfh
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2015-07-15 5:24 AM (#164058 - in reply to #163943)

Regular

Question too is it a black trailer? If so is it by chance a Beehimer that is selling it? Small world that's my wife's cousin and it's a decent trailer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)