'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Seven Springs/Rattlesnake Saloon

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-11-01 6:06 PM
5 replies, 5308 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

aceliberty
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2015-07-17 11:39 AM (#164087)
Subject: Seven Springs/Rattlesnake Saloon

Extreme Veteran

Been wanting to try Seven Springs and Rattlesnake Saloon down in AL. I can't seem to garner any information about the riding there. Maybe I haven't dug deep enough, so I'm figuring someone here might have information on the trails. Hills? Mountains? Enough riding for a week? Water along the trails? Any info on the camping would also be appreciated. ThanksSince January, been camping in AZ, MO, Shawnee. Summer is too busy to get away, so looking for some good fall riding!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2015-07-18 5:21 AM (#164092 - in reply to #164087)
Subject: RE: Seven Springs/Rattlesnake Saloon

Elite Veteran

We rode there a few months ago during the Alabama Chuck wagon races. In all fairness we didn’t ride all the trails, but what we did ride wasn’t that challenging. The camp ground is adequate with water and electricity. I think a few sites may have sewer. Where we camped it was open pens with partial shade but the ones up front were covered stalls. The Rattlesnake Saloon was neat for us to see and well done. Camp people were friendly also. We road at Rock Bridge Canyon in Hodges AL before moving to the races. RBC has about 3 days of decent riding. Camping was nice as were the people. Their longest trail is a dead-end trials that they will trailer you either to or from which is pretty nice. Mike, the guy that put this place together has some great plans for the future and is working hard at it.
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2015-07-28 2:15 PM (#164276 - in reply to #164087)

Elite Veteran

I,have ridden at 7 springs a bunch. The last time I was there, the mud was horrendous. Enough to make me really think hard before ever going back. The trails are nice enough, and I would say less than a weeks worth. Rock Bridge is nearby, although I have never been to it.
bamacowboy
Reg. Jul 2015
Posted 2015-07-29 10:47 AM (#164291 - in reply to #164087)

New User

I live about 40 miles away from seven springs. we're gonna check it out in a week or so. i'll let you know
MWilliams
Reg. Aug 2015
Posted 2015-11-01 5:59 PM (#165252 - in reply to #164087)

I just got home yesterday from Seven Springs. It was my first time there. We arrived on the day of their annual Halloween party and the place was packed! It was also raining. For 3 days it rained. But we managed to have a great time nevertheless. Once the rain quit we were able to hit the trails and yes we did find some mud but most spots had a path to go around it. The trails were nice although we had some difficulty understanding their map. The campsites were adequate. The saloon was cool to experience, once. Everyone we met was super helpful and friendly, especially the owner Danny. A visit to his lodge is a must. It's more like a museum where you can actually touch ancient artifacts. Loved that! The bath house is adequate and private. They had a couple of cabins also. My one big complaint was all the horsepoo in the campsites. But like I said, the place was packed when we arrived. Most of them left the next day but with the rain, the workers were not able to clean up right away. I can't understand people not cleaning their stalls, nor could I understand the management allowing that but otherwise as a great experience.
MWilliams
Reg. Aug 2015
Posted 2015-11-01 6:06 PM (#165253 - in reply to #164087)

Oh yeah. One negative about the stalls. Some, but not all, were in bad shape. Most are made of pipe corral panels. The one my friend got had broken panels with sharp points that she had to cover with duct tape so her horse didn't get cut up scuffling with the neighbor horse. Once other campers left we moved ours to some that were larger with newer panels. So just check your stalls for safety.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)