'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Any Ideas on Make of Trailer???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-08-31 7:05 AM
3 replies, 3227 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Painthorsman
Reg. Aug 2015
Posted 2015-08-27 11:34 AM (#164551)
Subject: Any Ideas on Make of Trailer???

New User

I've got an old... mid 70's I'm guessing, six horse straight load trailer. This thing is heavy.. had a steel floor in all but the dressing room, bunk/nose... the floor of the nose is steel too. The horse dividers which have been missing for years, pin in at the ceiling and there is a pin on the bottom of the divider support posts that sits in a " socket" in the floor. The trailer is about 32 feet long on the floor, 6 1/2 feet or more, high and a little over 5 1/2 feet wide inside. It has either 8,000 lb or 10,000 lb oil bath hub axles and each leaf spring has six or maybe seven leaf's in them. The name tag on each side at the corners of the bunk are so corroded and faded I cant read anything on it... ramps are behind front horses...Is this an old WW Coachman? Never had a title for it

(old6horse1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments old6horse1.jpg (45KB - 175 downloads)
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-08-27 3:08 PM (#164554 - in reply to #164551)
Subject: RE: Any Ideas on Make of Trailer???

Expert

Has the old WW look but you might try to send the picture to WW and see if they made such a trailer of that style and size during those years. Lots of trailer makers have come and gone since then, so I hope you find the answers you seek. FWIW, the WW factory is only a few towns away from me and the people working there are as nice as they come!
Painthorsman
Reg. Aug 2015
Posted 2015-08-28 8:17 AM (#164563 - in reply to #164551)

New User

I went to the WW Trailer website... it appears they dont have an e mail I could send pictures to. I remember a long time ago, I was working for a cutting horse trainer who had a trailer similar to this... we went to Florida to some shows one winter with it... blew tires right and left on interstate 10...trailer was pretty heavy anyhow, add six horses and the fact that 14 ply trailer rated tires were unheard of back then, it was a nightmare.
I had an old King trailer that looked somewhat like this but the ramps were right in front of the trailer axles..and it had wood floors. This one has solid steel floors with center drain grates every 10 feet or so. The King had a square front nose...
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2015-08-31 7:05 AM (#164577 - in reply to #164551)

Elite Veteran

Looks like a Turnbow. There is one just like it for sale on craigslist(SF Bay Area) california. Someone has listed it as an '82 turnbow. They have it listed at 9k. Has been totally redone. Its listed in the "farm and garden" section of CL if you want to compare pics. Looks exactly like your trailer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)