'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Elite stock combo......

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-11-12 11:22 AM
5 replies, 3658 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

millironk
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2015-11-11 11:37 AM (#165344)
Subject: Elite stock combo......

Regular

We are looking at a new Elite Stock Combo trailer.....any comments on Elite Trailers would be appreciated. Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2015-11-11 4:04 PM (#165347 - in reply to #165344)
Subject: RE: Elite stock combo......

Elite Veteran

Just my opinion, but the best engineered and constructed trailer available. Have owned several. And have owned several of other brands as well.
ETXGuy
Reg. Jul 2015
Posted 2015-11-11 5:29 PM (#165348 - in reply to #165344)

New User

I just bought an Elite 28' Stock Combo and I love it.. I did shop around and find the best price and ended up buying from Longhorn Trailer Sales (which was my local dealer, but had the best price by far). Although I never met them in person until I picked my trailer up they were great to deal with and Rance McCollum kept us updated through the whole process of it being built. The trailer was built to exact to my quote and was on time. I did do a lot of shopping due to the Elite being higher, however there are significant differences between this and other brands such as a platinum or 4 star.. Being the fact of hinges' brass inserts, bigger corner post, huck bolts used to tie the steel coupler into the nose (Platinum only uses a 9/16 grade bolt), cross members size, flooring options, and the fact that the Elite pulls like a dream sold me on my last trailers. No doubt these are the best trailers going down the road. ETX
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-11-11 8:07 PM (#165353 - in reply to #165344)

Expert

I'm waiting for mine to roll off the line within the next few weeks. I've looked everywhere and crawled through most of the OK trailer company factories and I have to say that they really are the finest money can buy. I had a different dealing with the above mentioned dealership and found them to be unresponsive and unwilling to call me back after three calls to the dealership for quotes on the same trailer. I'm still waiting on the return call from the first message back when I started shopping in September for an Exiss trailer, two more calls later and still nothing. They clearly didn't want to sell trailers the days I called. So, I bought a better trailer from a guy that called me back! Having a great dealer take time to custom build the trailer with you is where the magic happens, it's just like building a custom home...don't rush the design. I show both horses and cows so I had to have a stock trailer tall enough for the horses and able to transform instantly into a show cattle hauler, with the right design and a dealer that will walk you through the process you can have everything you need in an Elite. I had back surgery just before I ordered mine so I got the WERM floor put in mine so I won't have to haul/drag mats for cleaning. The double side ramps should help me with the heavy show box and allow loading of each compartment individually. Have fun and build exactly what you want because you won't need another trailer after buying an Elite.
millironk
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2015-11-12 9:37 AM (#165362 - in reply to #165344)

Regular

Thanks for the great responses. For those that have the Elite stock combo, or other Elite stock trailer, do you have a folding rear tack? We were wondering if it folds fairly flush against the inside of the trailer when not in use. Comments or even a picture would be appreciated.
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2015-11-12 11:22 AM (#165366 - in reply to #165344)

Elite Veteran

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World