'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Replacing drop down Windows

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-01-27 10:19 PM
1 replies, 2737 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

blueskies
Reg. Jun 2012
Posted 2016-01-27 9:31 PM (#165956)
Subject: Replacing drop down Windows

I had one of my little slide plexiglass break in a drop down window. Has anyone replaced it and what did it cost ? One trailer dealer suggested I go to a glass business.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2016-01-27 10:19 PM (#165957 - in reply to #165956)
Subject: RE: Replacing drop down Windows

Expert

Take the window to a glass dealer and ask for an acrylic or polycarbonate sheet cut to size. The thickness of the materials should exactly match the original for the best fit and operation. The actual windows are held into the frames with different methods, depending upon the manufacturer. Using polycarbonate, I was able to refit four windows in a little over two hours start to finish. The retainers' rivets had to drilled out, and each one marked for the exact location during reassembly. The polycarbonate is more expensive than the acrylic, but it is almost impossible to break and has a greater resistance to scratches. With some basic wood working tools, this can be a manageable DIY project.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)