'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Another aluminum floor question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-05-05 5:16 PM
4 replies, 4398 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

g-dog
Reg. Mar 2014
Posted 2016-04-20 7:18 AM (#166830)
Subject: Another aluminum floor question

I have read all old posts/questions for applying bedliner to floor of trailer...so here is my question. I have recently bought a new to me Featherlite LQ horse trailer 2003 four horse. It's has never had a horse in it so no urine ever. The floor is in great condition but can still see imperfections in it such as staining ect...I wanted to use the Raptor which I have on another trailer but it had the all smooth ( 0ne piece ) aluminum floor. The Featherlite has the interlocking plank floor and the Raptor Reps have told me since they flex ( planked flooring ) the product will hairline crack causing a place for urine to get in/under and start the corrosion process. Wouldn't Dupli Color bed liner and other similar products do the exact same thing? Might just leave it bare so I can keep and eye on it....but really wanted a more hassle free maintenance floor.Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2016-04-20 7:51 PM (#166835 - in reply to #166830)
Subject: RE: Another aluminum floor question

Expert

If the company reps have said don't do it, then don't do it. If you want to have a protective coating and the cushion of mats get WERM flooring. After back surgery I knew I wouldn't be able to pull mats and care for the floor often, meaning I wouldn't do it and the trailer would suffer. I've found that using a nice thick bedding of hay allows me to just sweep it out after use and once the chickens have spread it around I mow it into the yard.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2016-04-22 1:01 AM (#166849 - in reply to #166830)

Expert

Duplicolor's Bed Armor is a Kevlar enhanced polyurethane product that offers a good elasticity, durability and adhesion. I personally have used it on several trailers of which two of ours were constructed with plank flooring, IE: Sidekick, and Exiss. If the flooring is stable and the planks are welded together, you will not have a separation problem. If they move independently of each other at the seams, any bed liner coating applied to them will fail.
timmytucker21
Reg. Apr 2016
Posted 2016-04-27 9:02 AM (#166919 - in reply to #166830)

New User

If you are just looking for a floor covering to protect the aluminum flooring my father used a product called Tuff Foot for his trailer and it's held up really well. Its only about an 1/8" thick and not too heavy so he can just pull it out and hose it off when needed. Hope this helps! Check it out here: https://www.commercialmatsandrubber.com/tuff-foot-floor-protection-m...

Edited by timmytucker21 2016-04-27 9:03 AM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2016-05-05 5:16 PM (#166996 - in reply to #166830)

Expert

The trick ( and,the ease,herein,the reason for it) with Duplicolor bed lining or any other coating- AND the same with rubber mats you drag out every time you take a trip and have horses urinate in your trailer- is rinsing out.if you aren't too vigilant t with rinsing under the mats with a floor coating applied,you probably aren't with dragging mats out either.and corrosion can start in either instance if it gets trapped.i found that I am able to stay on top of rinsing out chores when I don't have to remove the mats,that's why I have coated all of my floors with Kevlar.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)