'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Replace flooring in living quarter trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-05-19 9:21 AM
3 replies, 5944 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

kbelless
Reg. May 2016
Posted 2016-05-18 3:57 PM (#167084)
Subject: Replace flooring in living quarter trailer

New User

I am needing to replace the old linoleum flooring in my living quarter horse trailer. I was wanting to replace it with the vinyl plank flooring. Has anyone used the vinyl plank successfully in a trailer. Someone told me that I should not use the vinyl plank since it is not a temperature controlled environment. What other options would anyone suggests for replacement flooring in a living quarter trailer?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2016-05-19 6:59 AM (#167090 - in reply to #167084)
Subject: RE: Replace flooring in living quarter trailer

Expert

You can use almost any commercially available flooring. Any of the wood products, laminate and solid work well, and are inexpensive because of the relatively small area you are covering. Any of the products, plastic or wood will need a small space between the end of the flooring and the walls. This 1/4" -3/8" open joint will allow for the expansion and contraction of the flooring during various temperature fluctuations. The space above the joint is sealed with a silicone caulking and covered by a small quarter round molding. Choose whatever flooring you like, apply it according to the manufacturer's instructions and you should be pleased with the results.
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2016-05-19 9:15 AM (#167092 - in reply to #167084)

Extreme Veteran

Just fyi that most flooring is installed before the cabinets, couch, water tank, etc so you will have to cut it out. An idea that might work, is to be real careful when you cut it out and can use it as a template, if needed, for the new flooring.

Good luck!
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2016-05-19 9:21 AM (#167093 - in reply to #167084)

Elite Veteran

We used laminate and trimmed it out... two years ago, still looks good. It was thin enough to go in nicely. Gave the LQ a nice update.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)