'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Pro-lite trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-06-27 8:32 AM
2 replies, 3546 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Horseshowjdg
Reg. Jun 2016
Posted 2016-06-26 10:48 PM (#167400)
Subject: Pro-lite trailers

New User

I am looking at a 1992 Pro-lite 2 horse bumper pull trailer with dressing room. I have searched for old posts but the most I can find is the company that made them was in Florida and it changed names to sidekick. There are some newer model Sidekicks listed for sale but it is hard to determine value.The ramp has been replaced on this trailer. Photos show it to be in good condition but I will see it in person tomorrow.As I live in an area that has a lot of salt on the roads and is a lot of rust, I am hesitant to buy a steel trailer. Any feedback would be appreciated on the quality or value!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2016-06-27 8:30 AM (#167401 - in reply to #167400)
Subject: RE: Pro-lite trailers

Elite Veteran

Just my opinion- when the first aluminum trailers came out, like this one in '92- we were all told they'd have a 15 year lifespan. And we were happy, because most trailers at the time didn't. And we have seen many that have gone 15+ and are great. But on an older trailer, you just need to check it very thoroughly. If you can't, have someone do it. But no one can value it but you, by comparing it to others you can buy for the same money. I hang out at a trailer dealer a lot and mooch their wi-fi, and hear the phone ring often with folks asking the guys about used trailer value on old trailers. As they tell folks- I can't tell you. At that age, condition and care and usage all play such a role. No different than a 20+ year old truck.

So- look at it carefully. It may very well be a great buy. Then again, maybe not so much.
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2016-06-27 8:32 AM (#167402 - in reply to #167400)
Subject: RE: Pro-lite trailers

Elite Veteran

Oh- At least for Sidekick, they had some FRP models. Be careful. As in Fiberglass Reinforced Plywood. It it sometimes doesn't age well. And they are often marketed as aluminum trailers because the owner knows no different.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)