'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Silverlite Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-01-14 2:35 PM
5 replies, 6513 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Runhorserun
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-01-11 4:06 PM (#35343)
Subject: Silverlite Trailers

Anybody own one of these?  Any comments from people out there?  I have been told they are better then the Featherlite.

Mary-Anne

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hullbrandon
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-01-11 10:46 PM (#35362 - in reply to #35343)
Subject: RE: Silverlite Trailers

I have a Silverlite Patriot III and I really like it alot.  I feel that it is a good quality trailer and one of the top of the line in its price range.  I realize that Silverlite trailers are not the TOP of the line, but anything you find in the price range of them I feel Silverlites are the best.  I had a Classic for about 6 months and I think the Silverlite's are a millions times better made than the classic.  If you have any specific questions about them you can PM me..
kickshaw44
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-01-12 1:43 PM (#35391 - in reply to #35343)

Regular

The very first trailer I ever pulled was a silverlite 3H SL BP DR - I hauled it from Georgia to Texas and back within 48 hours (yes, I had a hauling pro with me). It never swayed - ever - pulled straight and sometimes I would even forget that I was pulling it. We had a first time hauler- a yearling that was bouncing all over the place -but it never effected the way the trailer pulled. The inside space was very generous for the horses - I would highly reccommend them!!
Runhorserun
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-01-13 11:58 PM (#35454 - in reply to #35343)

I am in the middle of deciding what trailer to buy when I sell my 16 foot steel. I am deciding between a 2005 Silverlite 4 Horse Equestra Lite Demo with aluminum floors, padded dividers , spring loaded dividers, nice dressing room, etc for 21,900 CDN, or a 2005 Featherlite Model 8541 Platinum for 23,700 CDN or my favorite right now, a used 2001 Featherlite Model 8541 for 15,600 CDN (13,500 US). I am in Manitoba, Canada and the used trailer is in the US. The lady who owns it has sent me several pictures which seem to show the trailer in excellent condition. Course if I buy that one I wont have warranty. Could I really expect 7000.00 worth of problems in a used Featherlite or do you think its a good price?
AbbyB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-01-14 2:12 PM (#35467 - in reply to #35343)

Veteran

I bought a 2000 Silverlite Roper II, used, in '02.  I have have taken good care of it, but used it.  A couple yrs ago, one of the drop downs quit working, plus the SO broke one of the clearance lights off & also broke one of the jalousie window panes in the camper.  I called Silverlite directly & told them I needed replacements.  They sent all to me - FREE OF CHARGE.  I think that speaks volumes about a company to do that, especially on a second hand trailer.  The camper is really nice....much nicer than what was in my 4 Star.  I would definitely consider buying another one if I were in the market.  I know one drawback on Featherlites - their windows in the horse compartment are usually not very big & therefore, not very good air circulation.
hullbrandon
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-01-14 2:35 PM (#35468 - in reply to #35467)

I have heard that from quite a few people about Silverlite sending them the parts free of charge no matter how old and how many owners the trailer has had.. I think that shows good customer service..
Originally written by AbbyB on 2006-01-14 2:12 PM I bought a 2000 Silverlite Roper II, used, in '02.  I have have taken good care of it, but used it.  A couple yrs ago, one of the drop downs quit working, plus the SO broke one of the clearance lights off & also broke one of the jalousie window panes in the camper.  I called Silverlite directly & told them I needed replacements.  They sent all to me - FREE OF CHARGE.  I think that speaks volumes about a company to do that, especially on a second hand trailer.  The camper is really nice....much nicer than what was in my 4 Star.  I would definitely consider buying another one if I were in the market.  I know one drawback on Featherlites - their windows in the horse compartment are usually not very big & therefore, not very good air circulation.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)