'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trails West WARRANTY

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-10-21 5:31 PM
8 replies, 7356 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LassieLu
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-13 6:50 PM (#38761)
Subject: Trails West WARRANTY

Hi,

Can anyone with a Trails West trailer tell me what the warranty covers and length of warranty?  I am having a hard time finding out information!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rostrenga
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-03-13 8:53 PM (#38775 - in reply to #38761)
Subject: RE: Trails West WARRANTY

Veteran

Trails West Manufacturing of Idaho P.O. Box 67 Preston, Idaho 83283 (208) 852-2200 © 2006
LassieLu
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-14 5:44 PM (#38823 - in reply to #38761)

Well I talked with a local sales person, who was GREAT!  Just FYI for everyone else, Trails West warranty is:

5 year on structure,

1 Year on Paint

Does not offer hitch to bumper as they really don't have things go wrong (her words, not mine!)  Repairs can be made at the dealership.

Aspen
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-03-14 7:48 PM (#38833 - in reply to #38761)

Regular

I Bought my second TrailsWest in the spring of 2004. I had a electrical problem in the frame of the Trailer last fall. I had the problem fix in my home town, and talked to TrailsWest and they said send them the bill. The trailer was out of warranty but fixed it anyway.This is why I bought my second trailer,and probably my third.  
LassieLu
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-14 9:24 PM (#38838 - in reply to #38761)

Aspen, thanks for sharing.  I was impressed today with Stacy at the dealership.  She is actually minimum 4 hours away, and was more helpful than a dealer who is a 1/2 hour away.  My search is definitely narrowing fast!  Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.
cwranchusa
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2014-10-07 11:39 PM (#161074 - in reply to #38761)

New User

Well it sounds like Trails West no longer backs up their quality of work like some of you received. I purchased my trails west last spring, 2013. I am only 6 months past the year warranty which I'm not sure what it even covers. I live about two hours from the closest dealer and purchased my trailer in Walla Walla which is over a four hour drive hauling the trailer. When I first went to pick up my trailer it wasn't pulling straight. This was a custom ordered trailer! The axles were bad and I couldn't even take it home. They hauled it from the manufacturer in Idaho to Walla Walla WA and they didn't even notice that the trailer was pulling to the right by almost two feet! The saddle racks had a bad paint job on them. The latch on one of the back doors is not lined up so is hard to latch plus a list of a few others things that I think shouldn't have even passed their quality control. The thing that irritates me the most is the wall matting was NEVER completely glued on! With the warm weather it is expanding and bulging from the wall and if the horse even bumps it, it just peels off because it isn't glued like it should have been. I contacted them and they classified these manufacturing flaws as cosmetic! Are you kidding me? What I am reading on this forum is DEFINITELY NOT the service I received. They flat out stated they will not fix anything since I am past the one year warranty. So what does their warranty even cover. From what I can tell, not much and they sure aren't proving to me they are a company that stands behind their name or the quality they want to claim.
brokenboot
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2014-10-08 7:23 AM (#161075 - in reply to #38761)

Regular

I wintered my Trails West in the barn and one year my young lab chewed off the rubber door stops.  The trailer was 3-4 years old at the time.  I also wanted to repair some of the vinyl graphics, so the following spring I ordered everything I needed from the dealer.  The parts were all shipped directly to me and while I had fully expected to pay for them, Trails West sent them all free of charge, including the shipping.  The dealer also refused payment and said Trails West always stands behind their products, even when a problem might not be their fault.  That was my experience ...
liv to ride
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2014-10-12 9:24 AM (#161112 - in reply to #38761)

Veteran

I don't own a Trails West but I have some very good friends who had what I would call exceptional customer service from them. They ordered a brand new custom trailer and also experienced a problem with the axles. They were scheduled to leave from Montana with their horses as they had to be somewhere for a job i n Kentucky. After talking at length with their dealer they left with extra tires from the company in case they had problems on the way there. Trails West built them a brand new trailer, and delivered it to them in Kentucky, and picked up their old trailer at their cost. They were fortunate as they had no problems on the way there, but to me that kinda of customer service is A+ and deserves a shout out.
Rostrenga
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2014-10-21 5:31 PM (#161214 - in reply to #38761)

Veteran

I am pulling my 4th Trailewest trailer and plan to buy a fifth. Can't say nothing but great things about the trailer and the after the sale service. I still have my 2005 trails west LQ slide out and it has at least 400,000 miles on it, still looks great and everything still works.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)