'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Anyone have a Circle Y Flex tree trail saddle?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-18 9:20 PM
4 replies, 6045 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

barrelsnpcs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-07-13 10:39 AM (#87375)
Subject: Anyone have a Circle Y Flex tree trail saddle?

Veteran

Are you satisfied with it?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-07-13 3:55 PM (#87385 - in reply to #87375)
Subject: RE: Anyone have a Circle Y Flex tree trail saddle?

Veteran

I love them. I have had several horses and a few flex tree saddles. I like the weight, the look and the soft leather. They just do not fit my horse. He is wide and has a high wither. I have a like new Topeka model for sale if you are interested. It is $1700 new and I want $1100 gablesable@yahoo.com
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-07-13 4:18 PM (#87386 - in reply to #87385)

Elite Veteran

I had one. Had a QH mare that was very sensative about saddle fit. This was the only flex-tree type saddle that she was comfortable with and fit her and my husband. Saddle fit is the main importance so even though the Circle Y advertising is inticing, it all comes down to saddle fit for the horse, you and your budget.

We have since switched to Flex-panel saddles. This style fits more variety of horses. We have 1 medium build QH, a very broad back slightly sway, high withered old Arab, very wide and mutton withered Foxtrotter, and 2 young Foxtrotters that are just filling out. The flex panel fits all 5 as the panels flex with the horses shoulder and align with the back. We purchased the saddles from RL Watson. Because this saddle style performs so well, we were able to sell 4 different saddles that we had for the above horses.

Cloud9
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-07-17 5:27 PM (#87652 - in reply to #87375)

Extreme Veteran

We both ride Flex Panel saddles. My wife's is a Distance Runner by R. L. Watson and I ride a Rio, also called a Brazos, also by R.L. Watson. These are excellent all leather, light weight saddles. You can't find better workmanship. I highly recommend them, especially for hard to fit horses. You can find them at 4asaddle.com A major dealer. The RLWatson site is undergoing reconstruction.

Timberline also makes very nice flex panel saddles. Flex panels are different in that the tree doesn't sit on the horse. The tree sits on the panels which flex with the horse's back as he moves.
appy4me
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2008-07-18 9:20 PM (#87709 - in reply to #87375)

Veteran

I have the Circle Y Carlsbad Trail Saddle. It fits my QH mare pretty good, no dry spots and she never seems sore. I like the rigging on it, and it fits me too. My friend bought the Ponderosa trail saddle for her QH, it fits good too. I've only had mine since last fall, but so far it's a keeper!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)