'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Water Supply

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-04-07 5:33 PM
2 replies, 3270 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Kesta
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-04-04 4:01 PM (#102744)
Subject: Water Supply

Veteran

Currently, my trailer's water supply is a hose hooked up to a hydrant and then coupled to a connector on the side of the trailer.  There is no tank or pump.  Turn on the kitchen faucet and I have water, however it leaks badly.  Probably due to too much water pressure.  A pressure regulator will probably fix that problem.  There is also no gray tank to hold the waste water, it just drains on the ground (I usually put a bucket underneath).  I bought the trailer with this setup and it works fine for most small show grounds where I'm parked in gravel or in a field, but a lot of places won't allow this. 

I would like suggestions as to the most economical way to change this setup.  Hot water would be nice, too.  I just bought, but haven't tried yet, a commercial coffee maker.  I thought I could heat my water in it and place it on the counter with the spigot over the sink for my hot water supply.  I have a porta-potty and solar shower setup in the back, but if I had hot water inside, I could at least do a sponge bath on cloudy/cool days when the solar/bag shower water wouldn't get warm enough.

Thoughts/suggestions?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
LoriA63
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-04-07 12:11 AM (#102878 - in reply to #102744)
Subject: RE: Water Supply

I have heard good things about these:

http://www.americanwaterheater.com/products/pdf/lpe70.pdf

Don't know about the waste water issue. i would contact an RV service center and ask for suggestions..

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2009-04-07 5:33 PM (#102918 - in reply to #102744)
Subject: RE: Water Supply

Elite Veteran

I had basically the same set up on a trailer with a diy lq they had a electrical box in it and wired it for 30amp service It has a electric water heater and the water supply was same as yours. Never had any problems with leaking. Had no holding tanks either. When I coldn't let the grey water out on the ground I used a portable tank that you could empty at a dump station or at home. I also had a porta potty but had a shower and sink. Had a small elec fridge. When I rough camped I took a generator to run it. I was going to redo it and add tanks but the way they set the bathroom up they had the hole cut for a rv toilet but didn't leave enough room and it was directly over the axels. So I ended up selling it and picked up a full lq...When I did camp I used a water tank with a flo jet pump mounted on it and had a plug that was wired into the trailer battery box, when i needed water it was like at home and no pressure on the spigot.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)