'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trail-et Warranty Issues

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-05-06 9:36 AM
3 replies, 5639 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

apex6000
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-05-05 9:03 PM (#104510)
Subject: Trail-et Warranty Issues

I have a 2007 Trail-et New Yorker Eventor that I bought new last year from the local Trail-et dealer. I've had it a grand total of 11 months now. The problem I'm having is the wheels on it is rusting. I've been to the dealer 3 times in the past 2 weeks trying to see if they would warranty them. They keep telling me that their waiting on Trail-et to tell them if they will. I've even emailed them pics of the wheels. i get the feeling that they're trying to blow me off. Has anyone else had issues with Trail-et covering their warranties? I know its not a 100k horse trailer, But its still pretty expensive. I'm now wondering if I should of maybe bought a Hawk instead. If anybody knows how to get their attention please let me know.. Thanks John
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2009-05-05 10:20 PM (#104523 - in reply to #104510)
Subject: RE: Trail-et Warranty Issues

Extreme Veteran

If the dealer does not give you a response in a resonable amount of time, I would call Trail-et directly. I have owned a Trail-et in the past and it was an excellent trailer. I had to call Trail-et to replace all the keys on the trailer locks and they were outstanding at getting me new keys overnight. Sometimes the problem lies in the dealership and not the manufacturer.
apex6000
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-05-05 11:08 PM (#104526 - in reply to #104510)

I've rattled Trail-ets chain already. They told me to deal with the dealer. The dealer says he's waiting on Trail-et. I'm kind of disappointed in the trailer. I have the side ramp model and the frame under the ramp is a plain piece of box structural steel. They painted that section on the outside but not on the inside. I figured it would be quicker and easier to just take care of the frame rust myself. (The dealer is about a 45 minute drive away) I've got a marker light that isn't working now. Its not the light its somewhere in the wiring. The license plate light fell off last fall. ( The head of the screws were broken off) I noticed the other day that a couple of the rivets holding the rock guard on the front have fallen out. The trailer has been sitting in a enclosed shop since last Nov. Its probably was only been used 8-10 times last year. I've replaced most of the hardware on the outside with Stainless steel. The old hardware was starting to rust and run down on the white paint. I need (also want) to keep it looking nice. I use it for a carriage business I have. And it doesn't look good if I show up at a wedding with a piece of junk. The trailer was suppose to have been the display model at the Rolex horse show in Lexington Ky. in 2007. So I figured that it would have been built a little nicer then other ones.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-05-06 9:36 AM (#104540 - in reply to #104510)

Expert

I know of one trailer manufacturer that sells its equipment with "remanufactured" wheels. If you want new ones, you have to pay extra.

In an effort to reduce costs, some companies do not prime the wheels, or convert the rust accumulated in storage, before the wheels are painted. If you end up without any satisfaction through your complaints, you may have to effect your own solution. The best way is to have the wheels media blasted and resprayed.

We have a local Trail-et dealer that has a standing for not being helpful with after sale problems. This and the trailer's reputation, has resulted in few additional sales of this brand in our area.

Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)