'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
defective trailer tires, replacements

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-30 4:48 PM
4 replies, 3125 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mainemare
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-30 10:39 AM (#112614)
Subject: defective trailer tires, replacements

New User

I purchased 4 new Nanco trailer tires for my 2 horse BP. After 3 years, but hardly any miles, 2 of the sidewalls erupted in deep cracks. One of them had chronic slow leak problems and recently blew while the trailer was stationary. A auto/truck repair station determied that the tires were defective, not scraped from curbs, wear, etc. I read that certain DOT numbers of these tire are defective and the company may replace them. I have sent photos to the company (tireco)and I'm waiting for their reply.I'd like to get free replacements, but if they don't reply, or if they offer tires I do not want, what are the best tire to get for my trailer? I read that tires for trailers have stronger side walls, but many people seem to use LT tires. I want to be sure I use something very safe. Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-10-30 11:44 AM (#112615 - in reply to #112614)
Subject: RE: defective trailer tires, replacements

Expert

The total amount of weight your 2H BP trailer will involve is not significantly large, and it can be carried by many notable American brands of tires. Because safety is your concern, you might want to consider tire brands other than what you have previously purchased.

LT tires work very well on trailers, and as your research has probably indicated, side wall stability has not been an issue with those who regularly use them. They are a good, reliable, moderately priced choice. Your trailer will probably need C or D weight range tires available at many tire sources.

Gard

mainemare
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-30 12:08 PM (#112616 - in reply to #112614)

New User

Thank you! Does it matter if I get steel belted radials or not?
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-10-30 3:18 PM (#112620 - in reply to #112614)

Expert

I prefer radials over biased ply tires. Better mileage, less squirm, good tracking, excellent ride.

Allso with the LT tires, you won't have the speed limitations commonly specified with the ST tires.

mainemare
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-30 4:48 PM (#112622 - in reply to #112614)

New User

Oh gosh, I had a feeling that's what I should do. That means I'll have to replace all 4 tires because I shouldn't run radial with bias ply, correct?Oh well, even replacing 4 instead of 2 is better than having trouble on the road. It always astounds me that we can travel with horses so successfully. And the horses are amazing - why ever do they get back in a trailer once they have traveled? It seems to go against everything in their instincts, but they happily trot in to go.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)