'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need help deciding to convert my 4 h trailer or buy a used one with larger tack room

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-16 8:40 PM
2 replies, 2548 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

whisper237
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-14 8:06 PM (#115291)
Subject: Need help deciding to convert my 4 h trailer or buy a used one with larger tack room

I have a 4h slant stock and need more room in the dressing area. I have thought about making the tackroom wall moveable so if I wanted to go from a 3h back to a 4h I could. I don't plan to do alot of fancy work in the tack room we just need more room so my son can sleep in it and that we can put in a small elec heater and cabinet for storage.

I have been looking at some older used trailers that cost between 3500-5000 that have a larger tack area but are only a 3h. We sometimes haul 4 horses so need to be able to haul that many.

What would be the better thing to do?

Kids rodeo and show open and 4h shows around the area.

Thanks for the info

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lou
Reg. Aug 2009
Posted 2010-01-16 8:07 PM (#115354 - in reply to #115291)
Subject: RE: Need help deciding to convert my 4 h trailer or buy a used one with larger tack room

Regular

I have a three horse that  I posted a while back about adding a walkthru door or moving the wall and converting it to a two horse.  I even thought about trading it in on one with a larger dressing room, but...my trailer is nice enough for us, I bought it cheap enough so I could add some things, so today we decided to add a walk thru door so we could utilize the first stall and buy a rear tack for it, and we will be happy.  My daughter has show goats and we work them with the horses sometimes so we need the front stall for them to ride in.  So I think if you are happy with what you have, I would fix it the way I want,otherwise, trade it and get one you may or may not be happy with, and it will be longer than what you have now.  In my case, if I traded mine, I can't have any more length, so I would have gone down to a two horse to get the larger dressing area, limiting us on what we can haul.  I can't go longer because of the road I live on and how I have to get in my drive.  I barely make it with an 18 ft box now.  Now we just have to do our work, just made our decision today, now have to go shopping.  Just my opinion for you.  Good luck
whisper237
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-16 8:40 PM (#115356 - in reply to #115291)
Subject: RE: Need help deciding to convert my 4 h trailer or buy a used one with larger tack room

What is the cost of putting in a walk through door?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)