'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cleaning an awning

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-09-08 12:22 PM
2 replies, 2963 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Tim
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2010-09-08 10:34 AM (#124570)
Subject: Cleaning an awning

Regular

Does anyone have a simple solution makeup for cleaning the fabric on an awning?  Something you could pour on, roll it up for a while, unroll it and hose off?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-09-08 10:58 AM (#124575 - in reply to #124570)
Subject: RE: Cleaning an awning

Veteran

Tim, If somebody doesn't chime in with the proper portions of cleaning agents, I'll look in my A&E awning instructions for you and provide the details. It's someting like a couple of gallons of water, some liquid laundry detergent and a small amount of liquid bleach. Brush on the solution with a long handled soft car brush. Brush in full length strips, top to bottom. Roll up the awning for an hour or so, unwind and then rinse. Wait until fully dry to wind up again. I take it that the mix is soap to clean and bleach as an anti-bacterial, anti-mold. I'm pretty lazy, but I do do this and it works well to keep the awning clean and mildew/mold free.
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-09-08 12:22 PM (#124584 - in reply to #124570)
Subject: RE: Cleaning an awning

Expert

Use one quarter cup of bleach, one quarter cup of soap such as Joy or Simple Green, and 5 gallons of water. ... Brush it in, may take a little elbow grease with the long handle car wash brush. Rinse it real good, then rinse it real good again.... Be sure it's dry before rolling it up...... Works best on a bright sunshiny day.

It's important to know which type you have because the cleaning instructions are different. The acrylic is a fabric while the vinyl is not. The vinyl looks like a plastic coated fabric.

If it's acrylic the following info came in an email from A&E.
"We recommend to use mild detergent and warm water. A 1/2 cup of non chlorine bleach can be used. Once a fabric is cleaned, you may need to retreat with Scotchguard. "

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)