'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Wondering about trailer scams

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-09-12 7:58 PM
2 replies, 2441 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Vita
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-09-12 6:41 PM (#124790)
Subject: Wondering about trailer scams

Although I have been look at trailers for years, I am now seriously searching to purchase. Came across a deal for an Exiss 2004 all aluminum 3H w/ 8ft LQ for $4,700. Figured it was a typo but requested more info, price, specs, etc. Owner claims had to reduce so low because needs to sell asap for personal reasons. He is in a different state than the trailer, but okayed its sale while he is gone. Just doesn't sound right to me -- it there was nothing wrong with the trailer he should have been able to sell it to a dealer for more than that. What I don't understand is how the scam would work. I mean, if I said I wanted to go look at the trailer, would it then not be available to look at or something? How would they get money for the scam? I'm probably just naive, but I would like to better understand how these scams work.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tr0y
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2010-09-12 7:55 PM (#124797 - in reply to #124790)
Subject: RE: Wondering about trailer scams

Veteran

Sure it's right down this long empty farm road out near a corn field, you can meet me there at dusk and bring cash and your nice f350 to pull it home, it would also be best if you didn't tell anyone where your going and come alone, because they might try to get there first and buy the trailer from me...and yeah my name is bill, bill smith...
NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2010-09-12 7:58 PM (#124799 - in reply to #124790)
Subject: RE: Wondering about trailer scams

Regular

SCAM SCAM. They hook you, then they reel you in with some story about how to pay. Search other Exiss LQ that would be comparable.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)