'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2+1 LQ trl - slant or straight load

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-11-25 9:45 AM
5 replies, 5507 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

uffan831
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2010-11-24 7:40 PM (#127422)
Subject: 2+1 LQ trl - slant or straight load

I am considering ordering a 2+1 LQ trl so that I can carry my golf cart with me. I am weighing the pros and cons of the slant vs straight load and wanted to get opinions. I currently have a slant load with storage space under the mangers. Am wondering how much storage space and LQ space I give up with a straight load. Any opinions are appreciated.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2010-11-25 7:35 AM (#127441 - in reply to #127422)
Subject: RE: 2+1 LQ trl - slant or straight load

Elite Veteran

I have looked at those many times and wondered the same things. Basically for me it comes down to tack storage. I sleep in my gooseneck and I don't want to smell or trip over smelly, sweaty saddles. But the likelihood of me needing the front makes me wonder if I couldn't have a removable saddle rack there and tack up right there if it's rainy out. Curious to know what you decide.
Treashtrs
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-11-25 7:46 AM (#127442 - in reply to #127422)

I am a dealer and am considering having my manufacture build the same type of thing for my wife and myself so that we can take our golf cart along with us also. The slant load is definitely easier on the horses due to the fact that they don't walk back and forth every time you stop and go plus like you said you also get that extra storage. The only thing you have to consider is if you can get your cart in the front part with the stalls slanted like that and if you can I would go with the slant load over the straight just because of horse comfort. You must also consider the resale of the trailer someday and the horse racing people are the ones that usually buy 2+1 trailers and they like them to be straight load for their big horses. Let us know what you decide and if you have it built send some pics so we can see what you decided to do. Good luck and happy thanksgiving.
wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2010-11-25 8:05 AM (#127443 - in reply to #127422)

Extreme Veteran

A friend of mine bought a Keifer shell 2+1. He had it built with a 8' LQ area. I installed a weekender in that area. Everything but shower/toilet.

His regret was that he didn't buy an additional 40", to have a shower/toilet and he also regrets not going 8' wide. But he likes the 2+1 and without the divider he can haul 3 side by side. He uses the +1 area for tack and dog kennels.

Keifer sells that trailer with a 40" dressing room, you can add 40" increments.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-11-25 8:18 AM (#127444 - in reply to #127422)

Expert

http://goretrailers.com/trailer3a.htm

It's not a 2+1 but it is a straight load with a rear and side ramps. Ideal for carrying 4 wheeler, mobility scooter, etc. Walk horses in from the rear and unload from the side ramp. No backing out or turning around.

Bought this trailer back last April. Bought a new 3/4 ton GMC truck in June. Trailer has been off the truck twice since June and it's being used about 21 days per month. We really like the side ramp. We also like our 4 Star 6 horse head to head trailer over our slant load.

uffan831
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2010-11-25 9:45 AM (#127445 - in reply to #127422)

Wow thx for your input....now I am as confused as ever. I do like the slant and will definately have to check out whether the golf cart will fit. I agree that I need to be concerned about resale too, so will need to consider that. The few that I have seen have all been straight loads. I have a 17H warmblood but she fits fine in my slant with normal stalls. So I will continue to listen to input and make a decision soon. I will definately pass on pics when I get it. Thx!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)