'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
? colors attract bees opinions needed.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-04-20 4:47 PM
2 replies, 4353 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gliderider
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2012-04-18 4:15 PM (#143199)
Subject: ? colors attract bees opinions needed.

Veteran

Has anyone else been told to stay away from red's yellow's pink's because they will attract bee's???  years and years ago I was told that and for the past 40 years I have stayed away from buying bright colored horse tack.  I am looking at getting a new pair of Rennegade boots and kinda want to go red or pink. Any of yous guys that do a ton of trail riding ever noticed more bee's coming to a horse wearing colors bees look for.  I am thinking I usually have some sort of fly spray on my horse and the bee will get close and realize it isn't lunch and go away.  Cold and raining out nothing better to do right now.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2012-04-20 1:39 AM (#143230 - in reply to #143199)
Subject: RE: ? colors attract bees opinions needed.

Elite Veteran

I had a bright new blue ball cap on today and this bee wouldn't leave me alone. So... I guess any color? Kept flying around my head.
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2012-04-20 4:47 PM (#143246 - in reply to #143199)
Subject: RE: ? colors attract bees opinions needed.

Elite Veteran

I am known for riding in bright blingy colors....everything matches, headstall, pad, sport boots and even my shirt! I use biothane tack so I have lots of color options. I ride in hot pink, purple, lime green, and bright sparkling blue. I am allergic to bees, however never noticed a problem with them coming at me or my horse. I always carry an EPI pen, but thankfully never had to use it.I use RM Minards G -natural cream on my mares face and ears and this really works in keeping pests from buzzing around her face. It used to be called Gnat Away and G -Natural. I have used it for years.Fall riding the bees swarm and I don 't think it matters what color you have on as much as disturbing their hive or swarm.So I say go for the color! And I really like Renegade hoof boots.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)