'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New trailer questions. Help?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-01-24 10:52 AM
2 replies, 3159 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BigSpottedButt.
Reg. Jan 2012
Posted 2012-01-23 11:28 PM (#140270)
Subject: New trailer questions. Help?

Well I went and took the pludge and bought the 76' Flying L 2-horse. It is a bit narrow and the guy hauled around his 15h QH in it. The owner before him apparently hauled 16h horses in there. My Appy is 15.2h and built more like a TB and my friends QH is about 15h or so. I'm trying to figure out if they would both fit in the trailer comfortably. I'm also just curious as to what size horse they made the trailer for. (As I know they come in warmblood size, etc) I wanted to email Flying L and explain this to them and send pictures and dimensions and maybe they can tell me but I cant find any email. They have a phone number but I'm not sure if they would be able to tell me over the phone without actually seeing the trailer. I'm on my phone and can't post pics so here is a link to a few pix- http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trailers/trying-figure-out-what-siz... trailer is:5 Ft wide 9 ft long 7 ft tall Any help greatly appreciated!!

Edited by BigSpottedButt. 2012-01-23 11:30 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2012-01-24 10:24 AM (#140275 - in reply to #140270)
Subject: RE: New trailer questions. Help?

Extreme Veteran

In the 70's, most breeds of horses were smaller framed than they are today.  A lot of QH's were 14.3 or at least under 15H.  We have continued to breed horses bigger over the years, and their are many appendix QH's today that are over 16H.  Gaited horses are fairly large, along with all the other breeds and x-breds that are being rode for pleasure today.  Horses tend to be a little claustrophobic, so it will depend on the individual horse, whether he will fit comfortably in your trailer; let alone two horses.  5 ft. wide isn't very wide for two of todays horses to fit comfortably.  Stall length in your trailer is probably also a consideration.
BigSpottedButt.
Reg. Jan 2012
Posted 2012-01-24 10:52 AM (#140278 - in reply to #140270)
Subject: RE: New trailer questions. Help?

My horse isnt very stocky but is 15.2 and the qh is a bit beefier but standing at 15h. Guess the best bet would be to just try and load the both of them in the trailer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)